Low beam headlight lamp replacement?

One of these could be wrong:
1. The led light computer controller may be damaged. It's enclosed in the light itself at the bottom. You have to cut it open to change it.
2. Poor contact at the connectors. Open circuit.
3. Blown fuse
4. Burnt out LED. This one is very rare.

One of these could be wrong:
1. The led light computer controller may be damaged. It's enclosed in the light itself at the bottom. You have to cut it open to change it.
2. Poor contact at the connectors. Open circuit.
3. Blown fuse
4. Burnt out LED. This one is very rare.

delrey

It's sevicable. Toyota it self recommends taking it to their authorized dealer. But if you're a tech savvy person, you can do it yourself.
Isn't the light completely sealed? Or is that only the '17 and up? And what is the expected life with these leds?

Mine is a 2017 and they are sealed. I was told at Toyota that the assembly is to be replaced.
Mine is 2016. 2014-2017 use same light assembly. Cut open and changed the controller with exact same part then sealed it back. Did that last year at 1/100th of price of a whole assembly and it's still working.

The controller is at the base of the whole light assembly.

Mine is a 2017 and they are sealed. I was told at Toyota that the assembly is to be replaced.
Mine is 2016. 2014-2017 use same light assembly. Cut open and changed the controller with exact same part then sealed it back. Did that last year at 1/100th of price of a whole assembly and it's still working.

Went to the dealer and they said to replace the whole assembly and wanted $750 for it. Did it myself for $200 , but thanks, now I know I can just replace the controller at the base! These "sealed" lights can be a PITA.

RockAuto has TYC headlamp assembly replacements available on both NSF or CAPA from $375+ each. That should be more economical than the dealership.

lol they dont give the headlights out cheap thats for sure... they replaced my left assembly for like $800 and my DRL for like $400 in my 2017 xse... lol but i remember them talking about it being a sealed unit in one thread awhile back ago... glad the insurance paid for it but talk about a messed up design....

ZeCorolla

I Love Corolla's!
I find it funny how the industry went from fully sealed headlamps to headlamps with replaceable bulbs and now we are back to sealed headlamps again. However, the fully sealed LED headlamps do perform well (as long as they are aimed correctly) but they do cost quite a bit maintenance wise as well.