Low buzzing sound in automatic temperature control? Solonoid?

I have a Corolla S plus that I love to death, but there is a buzzing sound in the automatic temperature control unit ( like a CD multi disc player changing discs) every time that the temperature control adjusts. The dealer said it was a solanoid but won't replace it because it doesn't effect performance, just annoyance! It doesn't do it in the LE models ( the dealer manager checked both my car and an LE on the lot). Does anyone else hear it in their s model? And has anyone had it fixed by the dealer. Ours was about to replace all 6 solonoids to fix it and was told not to by the Colorado service rep. I won't stop until it is fixed but I wanted to hear about other success stories or downfalls with Toyota service.

S, LE, LE Eco all have the exact same unit so if one is making a noise and not the other, then there is a problem.

I agree. We just got it back and the dealer said that the Colorado service rep said that it is normal. We were told that all of the cars coming from the Mississippi plant have that noise. Our Bountiful Toyota dealer manager pulled an LE next to it and found that it didn't make the sound, but this time they pulled 2 cars from the Mississippi plant to test and found the sound. So the vender for that part is making bad parts and Toyota won't fix it if the sound is like the others. The basic answer is don't buy a Toyota made in Mississippi. Because the dealer couldn't fix the rattle either. It came back way worse!

I agree. We just got it back and the dealer said that the Colorado service rep said that it is normal. We were told that all of the cars coming from the Mississippi plant have that noise. Our Bountiful Toyota dealer manager pulled an LE next to it and found that it didn't make the sound, but this time they pulled 2 cars from the Mississippi plant to test and found the sound. So the vender for that part is making bad parts and Toyota won't fix it if the sound is like the others. The basic answer is don't buy a Toyota made in Mississippi. Because the dealer couldn't fix the rattle either. It came back way worse!

Apparently they are the servo motors in the unit!