Low RPMs causing slight vibration while in gear at full stop

Hi guys, not sure if it's Corolla specific since my mom's 2003 did the same thing after it had a few miles on it, but I'm currently at 42k and whenever I'm driving and come to a complete stop with foot on brake and in gear (D) it's a cvt, the rpms drop a bit where it's vibrating the car slightly. It's not bad by any means but noticeable. When I put the car in park or neutral the rpms go up slightly to where they should be and vibration's gone.

I wonder if it's the beginning of an exhaust leak caused by a failed gasket where headers bolt up to the engine. At least that's how the issue initially manifested itself on my moms 2003, and after replacing the gasket the rpms went back to normal.

I think someone posted on this issue not too long ago. In any case, I've been using the same gas from Costco since I've got it, the only variable is the temperature, it's gotten really cold in Chicago for the past two weeks which is around when it started. It's been hovering around 0 degrees F and in the minus at night. I always warm the car up for 2 min or so before driving. Any ideas?

Also, I haven't really done any maintenance on it other than oil changes but I guess it wouldn't hurt to clean the throttle body, just thought of that. :)

I had/have the same issue (2015 corolla 41k miles) dealership said it was a dirty throttle body. The issue persisted after they cleaned it, just not as bad.

I did a little research on it and all I could find was people saying the inline 4 engine is just naturally unstable due to the firing order or something

I had the same exact issue last year. I was at 47K miles. It turned out to be carbon build up around the butterfly in the throttle body, limiting air flow at idle. I cleaned it out and the problem never re-occurred. If you remove the intake hose you should be able to see it with a flashlight. I added this cleaning step to my 30K maintenance schedule. There are some "how-to"video's out there.

I had the same exact issue last year. I was at 47K miles. It turned out to be carbon build up around the butterfly in the throttle body, limiting air flow at idle. I cleaned it out and the problem never re-occurred. If you remove the intake hose you should be able to see it with a flashlight. I added this cleaning step to my 30K maintenance schedule. There are some "how-to"video's out there.
Mine does the same vibration. Thanks for sharing your solution.