Lowering Master List

Lets use this thread as a learning point for people who wish to lower their cars as well as list any/all available lowering options for our cars. IF you are a moderator and can modify my post to accommodate new info please do!

Purpose of Lowering:
-Gets rid of nasty wheel gaps
-Lowers center of gravity
-Better handling
-Possibly better MPG.

Methods:
-Lowering springs (Cheaper, set in stone)
-Coilovers (Fully adjustable, expensive)
-Cutting OEM springs (Debatable, cheap, and/or dangerous)

Many members have reported using 10th gen springs on 11th gen corolla's. It seems the suspension set-up is the same.

List of available parts for 2014 Corolla and 10th gen Corolla:

Eibach (10th gen springs)
Front: 1.4"
Rear: 2.0"
Part #: 8271.140

Eibach (11th gen springs)
Front: 1.3"
Rear: 1.3"
Part #: 82108.140

Tein (10th gen springs)
Front: 1.6"
Rear: 1.8"
Part #: SKQ26-AUB00

Megan Racing (10th gen springs)
Front: 1.5"
Rear: 1.5"
Part #: MR-LS-TCO08

Megan Racing (11th gen springs)
Front: 2.0"
Rear: 2.0"
Part #: MR-LS-TCO14

Megan Racing (2009-2013, 2014+ Coilovers EZ-Street Series)
Front: Adjustable
Rear: Adjustable
Part #: MR-CDK-TCO08-EZ

Megan Racing (2009-2013, 2014+ Coilovers-Street Series)
Front: Adjustable
Rear: Adjustable
Part #: MR-CDK-TCO08

Last edited:
As a semi-mechanically-inclined-individual, I'd like to see some info on how to actually go about doing this (either aftermarket springs or removal and cutting of stock springs). A couple of videos on YouTube seem to indicate it's not that difficult. But those were non-Toyotas I saw.

As a semi-mechanically-inclined-individual, I'd like to see some info on how to actually go about doing this (either aftermarket springs or removal and cutting of stock springs). A couple of videos on YouTube seem to indicate it's not that difficult. But those were non-Toyotas I saw.
I plan on ordering the Megan Racing springs or the 10th gen eibach springs either this week or next week and then plan on doing a full step by step install video.

Charisma

Master Detailer!
It's a very easy process. Look up a video or tutorial on the previous generation Corolla and you can follow it damn near step-by-step.

Charisma

Master Detailer!
If someone in the Maryland area has a 2014 and wants to lower it they can contact me and bring it by my shop and we can create a write-up.

Charisma

Master Detailer!
I'm going to reach out to a local company I know about manufacturing some springs for these cars. They are top-notch quality and they are a part of a parent company that creates springs for NASA.

Has anyone have any info?

I just got my springs and going to work on car tomorrow. Advise or pics would be greatly appreciated. Will the tutorial on 2013 corolla work since it has the same suspension???

The main post does not include heating the oem Springs with a torch as a way of lowing.

Independent AMSOIL Dealer, Contact me to get the world's best oil for prices lower than brands like Mobil1 and Royal Purple!

GoldMedalSyntheticOils.com

The main post does not include heating the oem Springs with a torch as a way of lowing.

Independent AMSOIL Dealer, Contact me to get the world's best oil for prices lower than brands like Mobil1 and Royal Purple!

GoldMedalSyntheticOils.com
Yeah...I have seen horror stories of that **** going wrong, I don't want anyone experimenting with that level of...lunacy...