lowering springs

Love the car. I also have a black rolla

I want to get the megan racing springs. About 150 usd right? What wing do you have? Link?

Install springs yourself?

Did you get spacers?
Yea I paid 150 for the megan racing springs. I have a shark fin on my rear roof and the an oem wing. To get them installed I paid 150 so, total of 300 dollas. The shark fin I found it on ebay for 30 bucks.

I got quoted 350 to install springs without alignment lolz at some that's has his business on his home garage xd
Shit $350! That sucks bro. I didn't get my car aligned either but they told me to come back in 2 weeks so they can align it for me but they want to charge me 100 bucks, not bad but I'll use that 100 on something else.

california law? or is it like a nation wide law?
Actually, I think there was a US Supreme Court ruling on this. Said something to the effect that installing aftermarket parts cannot void your warranty, but if the aftermarket part is found to be the cause of a failure, repairs would not be covered by the warranty.

20170124_173354.jpg 20170216_105959.jpg 20170217_063012.jpg

1st pic-TRD Springs from trdparts4u ($240)
2nd pic- After installation and wheel alignment with OE Wheels,
3rd pic -Day after with 18's installed.

I have driven to Dallas from El Paso (9hrs) with a loaded trunk and no issues what-so-ever. Handles better, sits nice and low but not too low where every parking lot and driveway is a menace. I am currently attending a Tech School after 14 years of Military Service and I am very fortunate to have access to many tools and equipment at the school. I installed the springs in about 2.5 hours with the wheel alignment included in the time. I used the instructions provided by the website and it was a fairly simple and straight forward process. I have 3 kids and when my wife and I travel to NM (1.5 hrs), it is a pleasant ride with no complaints from anyone. So far I am very happy with the Rolla' now that I am beginning to customize it. Also I chose the TRD springs after owning a 2001 Honda Accord with 2 different types of coilovers. I recently added Truhart coilovers which ride good but were very time consuming to adjust them properly. I also wanted to stay true to Toyota and minimize mixing brands of parts. Just my point of view, let me know what you guys think.

Sounds familiar. I've tried to stay true to Toyota by using genuine parts where I can. TRD front strut bar, rear sway bar, lowering springs, oil cap (for maximum hp!), thermostat (not in use) and exhaust. I've added stone guards, rear bumper protector, high tone horn and door sill plates, all OEM parts.
I'm in the process of upgrading the sound... again, but I'm still using the factory head unit.
And now the aftermarket list is starting to grow. Toyota/TRD only makes so many parts!
Megan racing H bracket
Ultra Racing rear sway bar
Ultra Racing rear strut tower bar
Injen cold air intake
HPS short ram air intake (not in use)
Jetchip MAFS
Hydraulic hood struts
Enkei wheels
Kicker amps and subs
Kenwood speakers
Front camera
Monitor mirror
LED cup holders
and on and on and on...

View attachment 2385 View attachment 2386 View attachment 2387

I have driven to Dallas from El Paso (9hrs) with a loaded trunk and no issues what-so-ever. Handles better, sits nice and low but not too low where every parking lot and driveway is a menace. I am currently attending a Tech School after 14 years of Military Service and I am very fortunate to have access to many tools and equipment at the school. I installed the springs in about 2.5 hours with the wheel alignment included in the time. I used the instructions provided by the website and it was a fairly simple and straight forward process. I have 3 kids and when my wife and I travel to NM (1.5 hrs), it is a pleasant ride with no complaints from anyone. So far I am very happy with the Rolla' now that I am beginning to customize it. Also I chose the TRD springs after owning a 2001 Honda Accord with 2 different types of coilovers. I recently added Truhart coilovers which ride good but were very time consuming to adjust them properly. I also wanted to stay true to Toyota and minimize mixing brands of parts. Just my point of view, let me know what you guys think.
Car looks nice and low. Which TRD springs did you pick up? Ones for your model year or previous gen? Can you provide part #? Thx.

Car looks nice and low. Which TRD springs did you pick up? Ones for your model year or previous gen? Can you provide part #? Thx.
I used part # PTR07-02140 from TRDparts4u. I believe they recently updated the website. Before it didn't show springs for 2015 model year, now it pops up but with same part # as previous gen springs. They fit perfect and very simple to install. Recently added the strut tower bar ,rear stabilizer bar and 1inch spacers to wheels. It feels really good around corners now. Before it was a little sketchy...

View attachment 2385 View attachment 2386 View attachment 2387

What rims do you have?

nope, they are not kidding. here in cali they want 600. just so u dont void the warranty. freaking insane, the installation cost more than the springs, really toyota?
They just take their labor rate per hour by how many hours the book says it will take to install the springs. That's why you do it yourself and the labor cost is zero!