Lowering $ Tire specs

Discussion in '2014 + Toyota Corolla' started by Slatemeta, Apr 15, 2018.

1. Slatemeta

Slatemeta New Member

I’m going lower on d2 springs and put xxr18 x8.5 wheels. What tires can I go with 215/40 or 225/40? Will I rub?

2. Corolla Forum Sign Up!

Join CorollaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota Corolla fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Corolla and Matrix Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Toyota, and have a great time with other Corolla fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Toyota you'll find that Corolla Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join CorollaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. tnoutdoors

tnoutdoors New Member

I’ve seen quite of few people lowered on 18s with the 225/40s. D2s are pretty low so I can’t speak on them though.

4. Tcazes

Tcazes New Member

Bro.....no one will be able to help you without knowing offset/backspacing..

5. OP
    Slatemeta

Slatemeta New Member

+33 offset not sure on the backspacing. First time going lower the car. Thanks for the replies

6. Jake

Jake New Member

Willtheyfit.com

Chris Denton likes this.
  7. Chris Denton

Chris Denton New Member

I’m on 225/45/18 tires
    18x8.5 rims at 35mm offset
    Plenty of room to spare

8. SuperchargedMR2

SuperchargedMR2 New Member

225/40R18 tires are the correct size and diameter. There should be no rubbing issues.

9. SuperchargedMR2

SuperchargedMR2 New Member

The proper diameter tire is 25.0". The 225/40R18 is 25.1" in diameter while the 225/45R18 is 26.0" in diameter. The 225/45R18 is way too big in diameter.

10. Chris Denton

Chris Denton New Member

I know, I know, we’ve already had this conversation! LOL !!

11. Rylee

Rylee New Member

I have 225/45 17 on d2 springs and it dosnt rub put 25 mm spacers on and had the roll the fenders

Chris Denton likes this.
  12. OP
    Slatemeta

Slatemeta New Member

Any input on the d2 springs? I’m at 40k miles and was wondering if I should be ok to lower with out killing the stock suspension quickly...
    And thank you all for the input on tires.

13. Rylee

Rylee New Member

I put my D2s on about 20k still ride like the day I put them on now at 70k

klebinek likes this.