Lowering

I initially wanted to lower on 11gen eibach springs. So, I wouldn't put to much stress on the oem struts. Now wanting to go a little lower with Megan 2in drop all around.
Will the oem struts last or will I have to eventually have replace them after few thousand miles? I currently have 26k miles.

I've driven on my lowering springs for around 18k miles, struts are still fine. I'm not too sure how often struts need to be replaced but in the long run it'll would probably be better to get coilovers. I'm currently on BC coils and I read somewhere that BCs can last up to 100k before needing to be rebuilt.

When I had my Elantra, I was on Eibach Pros for about 35k+ miles before I took them off and traded it in for the Corolla. Once I reverted back to stock, ride quality was still really nice.

Granted, I know that can be vastly different from a Toyota as far as strut quality goes but It gives you an idea.

To whom it may concern

Thanks for the FYI on Lowering Springs/Struts , Am about to install my TRD L-Springs on our 2017 iM w 5K miles
Waiting on them since there comming from a Toyota dealer in Canada , USA have them in BACK ORDERD, lost a sale !

LOL
Had to replaced those OEM wheels and Baby Tires that came w iM for a total weight of 180 Lbs.
Wheels DRAG DR-19 GLOSS BLACK LIP MACHINED FACE 17 X 7.5, and TOYO TIRES Proxes 4 + 245/40 total weight 168 Lbs.

2017 Toy iM.jpg

Yes, wife and I do lotz of outdoor stuff plus that underwater stuff since we are Dive Masters our self's
SCUBADDICT's!

Any suggestions on good Struts out there ?
Thanks !

To whom it may concern

Thanks for the FYI on Lowering Springs/Struts , Am about to install my TRD L-Springs on our 2017 iM w 5K miles
Waiting on them since there comming from a Toyota dealer in Canada , USA have them in BACK ORDERD, lost a sale !

LOL
Had to replaced those OEM wheels and Baby Tires that came w iM for a total weight of 180 Lbs.
Wheels DRAG DR-19 GLOSS BLACK LIP MACHINED FACE 17 X 7.5, and TOYO TIRES Proxes 4 + 245/40 total weight 168 Lbs.

View attachment 2536

Yes, wife and I do lotz of outdoor stuff plus that underwater stuff since we are Dive Masters our self's
SCUBADDICT's!

Thanks !
Very nice!
Keep the OEM struts. Koni is a good brand, been around for years and used to be sought after. Check the stamp on the strut housing to see if that's what's installed.

To whom it may concern

LOL

View attachment 2536

SCUBADDICT's!

Thanks !
Nice but how much did your mpg suffer with 245 width? 5-10 mpg?

Well, I never though of the GAS thing, but I'll keep my eYe on the miles to see how many
on a FULL tank , I'll let you know !
& yes, it is a wider foot print, but it handles much better !

Thank s
3ddie @.

I have a friend that knows all about this kind of stuff, as he races at the COTTON BOWL Paige Tx.
They come with good instructions. I had a "mechanic" install mine, and he completely screwed them up. Broke the cowl panel on the front and drop kicked my passenger ($80) windshield wiper!
Long story short, I ended up buying everything I needed to re install them and did it myself.
I'll send you a link to the instructions just so your ahead of the game.

Nice but how much did your mpg suffer with 245 width? 5-10 mpg?
The stock wheels on the S Plus/Premium are 17x7's, & I was easily getting 30+ MPG with my aggressive driving. I averaged about 375 miles/tank. Now that I'm 18x8" wheels, my mileages has take a big hit. I'm averaging about 23.5 MPG with the same aggressive driving. Got stickier tires though, so not too sure if that has anything to do with it...

To whom it may concern

Thanks for the FYI, I just like bigger foot print, ( men's tires that is ! )

3ddie @.
Thanks 4 the web Chris , ill ck it out !
3ddie @

The stock wheels on the S Plus/Premium are 17x7's, & I was easily getting 30+ MPG with my aggressive driving. I averaged about 375 miles/tank. Now that I'm 18x8" wheels, my mileages has take a big hit. I'm averaging about 23.5 MPG with the same aggressive driving. Got stickier tires though, so not too sure if that has anything to do with it...
I'm getting 24, but I'm ok with that.

I'll keep you posted on the MPG on the 245/40.
Wife, our Girls and I are taking a trip to Calif. this month, thats were I really want to see the MPG
on the new iM !

keep tuned !

Eddie A.

To whom it may concern

8 good Friend of ours is here in Houston on a business trip from Fla., called me UP last night and said to come over for the day
havent seen him for a long time, so Wife and I drove out to Houston for a couple of Hrs.
make the story short and sweet, Low fuel light came on @ 405 miles as we were on our way back home on a 14 Gallon tank,
Corolla iM. Since it has been a god topic because of going from 225/45 to 245/40 tires ( wider foot print ) I thought I bring it UP.
I think am doing about 430 miles maybe before I call AAA ! ( LOL )
Feed Back any1 ?!

Thanks
3ddie @.

To whom it may concern

8 good Friend of ours is here in Houston on a business trip from Fla., called me UP last night and said to come over for the day
havent seen him for a long time, so Wife and I drove out to Houston for a couple of Hrs.
make the story short and sweet, Low fuel light came on @ 405 miles as we were on our way back home on a 14 Gallon tank,
Corolla iM. Since it has been a god topic because of going from 225/45 to 245/40 tires ( wider foot print ) I thought I bring it UP.
I think am doing about 430 miles maybe before I call AAA ! ( LOL )
Feed Back any1 ?!

Thanks
3ddie @.
Damn! That's really good.
I filled mine up yesterday and the readout said 305 miles.

Hi Chris, I really dont step on the GAS as am taking OFF, but I do GAS it as am doing 70 mph,
and it feels about same, now I had the iM @ 120 mph and I can tell you that feels raelly nice !

Am sure ones I get the TRD lowering Springs ON, its gonna feel much much better !

Thanks
3ddie @