Maint Reqd Light

I have a 2010 Corolla S that's showing Maint Reqd on the dash cluster. We have only had the car for a few months and don't know if this is a oil reset or what. Thanks for the feed back in advance.

Yep, oil change reminder light. Change your oil. With the odometer in either the mileage or Trip A position, don't remember which, switch your ignition to the 'on' position while holding the trip reset button. You should see numerous dashed lines in a (------) counting down. Keep holding. Once the lines disappear, you'll see 00000, then back to the odometer and your light should go off.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Welcome to the Corolla Forum! :thumbsup::clap::):thumbup::thumbup1::party:

The maintenance required light flashes at about 4,500 miles to remind you that the engine oil is scheduled to be changed soon. At 5,000 miles it will stay on reminding you the engine oil is recommended to be changed at 5,000 mile intervals.

Below is a short video that shows how to reset the maintenance required light. I hope this answers your question and helps you out. If your browse the forum I think you will find many interesting videos and topics of discussion. There are many good folks here. :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:

fishycomics

Super Moderator
Some cars are at 5k, some are at 7500.

Some cars will give you reminders per the last 1k, per 100 miles, stay lit longer each 100 miles.

do not get the check engine & maint mixed up.

Also do check, with your scheduled maintenance if you do general, or severe. some will change every 10K.

Not being a professional, todays smaller engines you can change your oil either at 5K or 10K. standard, or synthentic.

Everyone has their personal prefrences how they treat their cars.

I have a 2010 Corolla S that's showing Maint Reqd on the dash cluster. We have only had the car for a few months and don't know if this is a oil reset or what. Thanks for the feed back in advance.
01lucasr - So how did it go? I hope the information on resetting the maintenance required light helped you out?