Manual To Electric Windows

Dont even know if this is possible, but has anyone heard of converting manual crank windows to electric?? If I pulled an electric setup out of a junkyard, is the wiring pre-installed at the factory? Any comments would be appreciated.

Alas, the best way to answer your question is to remove the driver's door panel and see if the wiring harness is there. You will need to obtain the vehicles wiring diagram to ensure you wire it correctly though there is the chance you will see the connectors for the electric motor and switches already on the harness (if it is there).

Also, be aware that the mechanism for raising and lowering the window may be different, too, and this will be another consideration to make.

If you are not worried about looks, one other alternative is to buy an aftermarket window lift kit (offered on Amazon, for example) for less than $80 or so for 4 windows.

Thank you, Corolla Tom:
Over the holiday break, I plan to remove the drivers door panel to see if the wiring and/or connectors are present.
Have you heard of anyone using that after-market kit? Thanks again for your reply.

Thank you, Corolla Tom:
Over the holiday break, I plan to remove the drivers door panel to see if the wiring and/or connectors are present.
Have you heard of anyone using that after-market kit? Thanks again for your reply.
If you go to the Amazon website and search for "Yescom Electric Power Window Roll Up Conversion Kit with 4 Switches", you will find reviews by the purchasers of this product. For myself, I have never used the product and do not have any opinion on its suitability or ease of installation for your vehicle.