mechanic forgot wear indicator clips, any big deal?!

hey guys, looks like my mechanic forgot to put the old wear indicator clips on the new pads.........is this a big issue? should I worry if they are not there?

so the only function for these clips is a warning when your brakes get too worn?

do they serve any other purpose like keeping the pads in place, to keep them from moving, etc?

thanks everyone

The old wear indicator clips will not work for the new one. The wear indicator wear out. Usually when you buy a new pad they come with it. They don’t have any othe purpose other than to tell you that your brakes are low. Just check your brakes on tire rotation

fishycomics

Super Moderator
I make sure I have them on it is a indocator not to hit worn out pads. and you do not want to s dish out another 100 per wheel due to your machanic or your own issue go back get them placed on

The old wear indicator clips will not work for the new one. The wear indicator wear out. Usually when you buy a new pad they come with it. They don’t have any othe purpose other than to tell you that your brakes are low. Just check your brakes on tire rotation
Can you expand on this a bit?
So wear indicators are generally sold with the pad?

The OEM wear indicators were loose on the Akebono ACT 923 for an '07 Corolla.
I left them off, not wanting a loose wear indicator to cause trouble with the brakes. Should I have installed them?
The back of the clip is very long... is it held in place by the caliper?
Wear indicator is in the upper left of this diagram, #47771

fishycomics

Super Moderator
Wear indicator that is long hmm.. I just did mine and they are rock solid on but each pad are different. the length may be the sound. like a tuning fork my guess/ if you don't want them, inspect more often.