Metallic Squeal when driving turning up a hill.....periodic

I checked the power steering fluid and the noise is only present when the car is moving forward. If the car is stationary and I turn the wheel back and forth, no noise is being made. It's only when I'm driving it. I checked the CV joints and Ball joints as well as the tie rod ends. No play or slack is present anywhere. The sound appears to be coming from the passenger side of the car. BUT this sound doesn't happen 100% of the time, more like 33% or so. What could this be. I have a 1997 Corolla DX, 1.8 Liter, 7A-FE engine. When the noise happens it's a constant metal squeal that isn't too loud but still noticeable. Thanx for any advice on where to look.

Chico

Timely post as I am having what sounds like a very similar issue. When I turn full lock to the left at slow speed (like during a three point turn), I hear a metallic squeal. It sounds like something metal is contacting some sheet metal while it turns--maybe the brake rotor contacting the splash guard or something like that. Mine sounds like the left front but I'm not 100% sure. I haven't had a chance to check it out yet but will be interested if anyone else has found what could cause it. Similar to you, mine only does it sometimes.

Chico....get your CV axles checked, I just replaced my driver side CV joint and the noise is gone. Apparently mine started to go from good to really bad super fast.