My 2014 S with 2017 SE front swap

Megan rear sway bar installed,Sprint springs,used tokico struts,and Apexi gt spec muffler soon to be installed. And tires,i think im done for this year lol

Attachments

Wiring is totally different had to figure out which was what and put the 14-16 headlight plug on the 17 headlight so it plugs right up to my 14 corolla and had to add a plug for the high beams.....there is one fitment issue with the upper grill area i had to bend a bracket

Nice job. I would never have the ambition to start a project like this. I'd get lost on the electrical since I'm so electron challenged I can't change a light bulb

Thanks,I actually did not do the wiring but i did watch my friend do it all and it seemed very simple......and i will be buying spare headlights and doing the wiring myself just to have incase one led goes out

rk97

it always seems easy when someone else is doing it!

Honestly though, i think most of the times I'm afraid of starting a project, I would be fine if I just had a "yes man" to confirm that what I was thinking is the correct decision ...and maybe to correct me if I get frustrated and just want to make a snap decision.

Wow that's a fantastic modification! I was thinking it would be sick if someone were to modify the 14 S bumper so that it would fit the 17 lights. I personally prefer the 14 S bumper, but the new lights are badass.

Congratulations, you’ve just made your car ugly. Don’t you think it’s disproportionate to the rest of the car? Looks like a plow.

our car is literally the exact same as the 2018 models except the front end has been updated lmao and the taillights are all red instead of having the white turn signals lmao...literally identical.

Does anybody know if the 14-16 headlights will fit with the 17-19 bumper? It looks like they would. I believe the only difference between them is the 14-16 use LED lights for the low beams & a bulb for the high beams & the 17-19 use LEDs for both.

Does anybody know if the 14-16 headlights will fit with the 17-19 bumper? It looks like they would. I believe the only difference between them is the 14-16 use LED lights for the low beams & a bulb for the high beams & the 17-19 use LEDs for both.
No. The general shape may look the same but the proportions are different so different bumper fascia needed.
hl.jpg

I can confirm they do not fit,2014-2016 headlights are a little wider and do not fit the shape of the 2017-2019 bumper, how do i know ? I tried during the swap to see lol.

thx for the info...can u provide any info as to the wiring of the new headlights into the 14 harness? I would have replied earlier, but site was shutdown...i think....or my computer and phone couldn't access it. any info u can provide is GEATLY appreciated!!
I reread your post and looked at your pics again...I see you converted the headlights to mate to the '14 harness/plug. Do you think that's better than changing the harness to mate to the new headlights??

Last edited:
so 3 wires are for low beam LED & 2 wires for the high beam LED....I see you cut the plugs off of the '14 headlights and used those... :) I wonder if one of those 3 wires to the low beam, provides power for when the DRL switch is activated...as in less voltage so they are not as bright....wondering cuz i could use that wire to power the DRL.s from the 2017 bumper.....or just run the aftermarket switch kit....hhhmmmmm

I got mine done this past week....still gotta do a few things tho......gotta wire in the high beams and the DRLs are hooked up to one of the Amazon/EBay relays that turns them on automatically when the engine is on by sensing the voltage, then turns them off when u kill the engine....the emblem finally came in today...ill do that ths weekend also
smaller.jpg o...

I got mine done this past week....still gotta do a few things tho......gotta wire in the high beams and the DRLs are hooked up to one of the Amazon/EBay relays that turns them on automatically when the engine is on by sensing the voltage, then turns them off when u kill the engine....the emblem finally came in today...ill do that ths weekend also
View attachment 4880 o...
What year is yours ? Looks good. When i did my Se swap a couple years back i noticed the upper grille the corners would stick out above the hood. Did yours do that?

[QUOTE="53burb, post: 57694, member: 19529"]so 3 wires are for low beam LED & 2 wires for the high beam LED....I see you cut the plugs off of the '14 headlights and used those... :) I wonder if one of those 3 wires to the low beam, provides power for when the DRL switch is activated...as in less voltage so they are not as bright....wondering cuz i could use that wire to power the DRL.s from the 2017 bumper.....or just run the aftermarket switch kit....hhhmmmmm[/QUOTE]
Sorry i just saw this. I see below you already finished.

2014 Corolla S.....no corners sticking out...i don't think.....it was a toyota oem part....maybe thats why it fit ok...t has some scratches on it...used from EBay....
I didn't wire in the DRL wire from the 2014 to the 2017 headlights.....my headlights come on in all positions except off......maybe i should hook it up from the 2014 to 2017 headlights.....did u hook yours up that way>

When i did my Se swap i just wired my drls into my foglights and used them at night. I never used drls because i didnt want anything to burn out fast. I turned off Drls through my touch screen radio it gave an option. At night the lights are btight.
Yea my se grille was oem too and ive seen a few other people who did the swap too and the edge corners of the color matched upper Se grille would not flush with the hood the ends of the grille would stick out above the hood a little

ill check mine a lil later and see if they stick out....no, i know how u hooked up your 2017 DRLs to the foglight plugs, but I'm talking about the 3 pin headlight plug.....1 pin is low beams, one is DRL, & 3rd in gnd. I hooked up the low beams and ground, but didn't hook up the DRL wire from the 2014 to '17plug. In the 6 pin plug on the '17 headlights, one of the wires is marked for DRLs. FbawOi3M.png FbawOi3M.png

sorry, my computer doesn't always let me log in to this site for some reason.....I asked the tech about being a different model, he said they were all the same.
As far as the upper grill sticking out on the corners, mine does also. But, I also have a '17 & '19 SE in our family. They both do it also.

sorry, my computer doesn't always let me log in to this site for some reason.....I asked the tech about being a different model, he said they were all the same.
As far as the upper grill sticking out on the corners, mine does also. But, I also have a '17 & '19 SE in our family. They both do it also.
Cool thats good to know for next time i do this if i get another 2014-2016 i got rear ended and hopefully i get enough to get another corolla.

View attachment 4880 o...
you should do a video or a post