My best tank yet!

Corolla Cop

2014 Corolla S Plus
My last tank, I went 710.0 miles and filled up with 14.113 gallons. 50.3 miles per gallon in my S Plus. Loving it. Display read 41.7. It is always wrong.
I am sure none of you drive as conservatively as I do. No speeding, a little hypermiling and use cruise control.
I'm just not usually in a hurry to get anywhere.

ToyBoy

That is some great numbers Corolla Cop . My 14 Corolla lists the tank at 13.2 gallon. Don`t get in the habit of overfilling , it`s not good for the evaporative emission system.

Wow, very impressive numbers. Based on my commute to work, wonder if I can pull at least 35 mpg. It's about 70% city, 30% highway though, few hills, more downhill on the way home. About a 14 mile commute each way.

And there I am thinking I'm a bigshot with 12,250 miles over 15 months.

And yes ... I'm going for the opposite record since that is more realistic (and fun) for me.

My low is 25.3 mpg ... COME AT ME BRO!!!

My car is 3 weeks old. Does mpg get better later after more miles? The screen tells me I am getting only 31.5 in a mix of hwy and city. I thought it would be higher with a rolla :-(
I have only filled my tank twice since I bought it so i have not done a "fill and divide miles/gallons" math yet.

Corolla Cop

2014 Corolla S Plus
You will have to drive a few tanks before mileage increases very much. I have never been over 85 and that was on accident. No need to drive fast for bread in.

I took delivery on my 2014 Corolla LE Plus in May 2014. I have about 9,000 miles thus far. Town gas mileage is fairly constant at 30 to 31 MPG. About half freeway and half stop and go on streets. On a 3,340 mile trip from Texas to California and back in September 2014 the highway mileage was a fairy consistent 40 MPG with the cruise control set at 65 MPH on the Interstates - Mostly I-40 and I-15 from Amarillo to Victorville. The MPG computer readout is usually about 1 to 2 MPG higher than the actual miles on the trip odometer readings/divided by / the fill-up gallons. Of course you get most anything on the instant MPG setting. I did pass a few 18-wheelers on the trip and was alarmed at noticing I had gotten up to 80 MPH in the process. Luckily there weren't any highway patrols around. Since then I have been a bit more cautious. This is one of the quietest cars I have ever owned. At 65 MPH we seemed to be crawling and if I hadn't been watching the speedometer I wouldn't have noticed the acceleration to 80 MPH. :-(

Last edited:
I hit 150 mph in my '82 Mustang GT, 145 mph in my '96 Mustang GT, 105 mph in my '03 Focus (speed governed) and 115 mph in my '08 Matrix and '14 Corolla S (both speed governed as well).