My First Car Purchase (Brand New Too!)

I bought my first Corolla three weeks ago. It's a brand new 2014 S model in manual. It has less than 1300 km on it right now. I had a 1996 Oldsmobile LSS that my grandfather bought when it was new. He gave it to me about 5 years ago and it finally died. I'm really having some fun with my Corolla so far.

A bunch of things went wrong at once. Breaks felt a bit spongy so I got it towed to a garage owned by someone I know. Turns out the break lines were really rusted and leaking onto the ABS sensor. So both of those needed to be replaced, but the front breaks also had to be repaired, e-brake was broken, fuel lines were also about to rot out, and he said I would need a whole new suspension package by the end of this year. He wouldn't even give me a price on the repair bill. Told me to sell it and go buy a new car

I'm from southern Ontario, so we do occasionally have rough winters. Especially on cars that haven't been undercoated, which I don't think my grandfather, or father ever did. Engine had 260,000 km on it (161,500 miles). Engine and tranny were fine. Unfortunately I did scrap it. I'm not in a situation where I could store it, and I didn't want to leave it on my friends lot. Scrapping it was very hard to do, especially with the sentimental attachment to it (last car my grandfather ever bought) but it was the easiest solution.