Need help 09 1.8L 2 misfire codes

09 S model 1.8L 225,000 miles, bought used, ran great then out of the blue, flashing CEL, bad news. Stopped, waited 5 minutes and CEL light went off. I have a scanner and quite a bit of experience, codes 0302 and 0303, misfire on cylinders 2&3 appeared at exactly the same time. Checked for loose connections, good. The odds of 2 cylinders misfiring at the same time seem one in a million unless one cylinder sets off another cylinder. Thought it might be water in the gas as we've had huge amounts of ran and cheap gas stations usually never change filters as required. I added heet, only 10 miles driving but no CEL and no pending codes on the scanner. If it appears again, I'll change coil on plugs to see if 2&3 are bad, however can't find which cylinder is what #, is it 1-2-3-4 from the passenger side? Where can I find that or does someone know? With this many miles, likely had plugs changed but not coil on plug which is suspect. I can change the coils around to see if coil is bad next time I get a CEL but is there an ignition module somewhere, parts places don't show one listed, 2 misfires at the same time of failure is 1 in a million unless one caused the other to misfire and why does it run fine for now? $80 for coil aftermarket, $140 dealer. Odds of 2 spark plugs failing at the same time, 1 in a million also. What spark plugs is everyone replacing them with, Iridium or platinum? Any halp would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Plugs are much cheaper than coils so I would start by checking them first, especially not knowing service history. #1 closest to passenger side. Motor calls for for iridium plugs. Do NOT get Bosch plugs, they don't get along with this motor. Does your car use oil at all? I had a misfire on #4 and found an oil fouled plug. Good luck.

Plugs are much cheaper than coils so I would start by checking them first, especially not knowing service history. #1 closest to passenger side. Motor calls for for iridium plugs. Do NOT get Bosch plugs, they don't get along with this motor. Does your car use oil at all? I had a misfire on #4 and found an oil fouled plug. Good luck.
Thanks for your reply. You say cyl #1 is on passenger side, does it then go 1-2-3-4 straight to the driver side? Often they mix them up. Doesn't use any oil. The oddest part is cyl 2&3 started misfiring at the exact same time, I find that very rare. Drove 50 miles today and the CEL was steady on, I can live with that. 4 hours after I got home I started it up and flashing CEL within seconds and the idle went to 1500, its not done that in the past and it stayed at 1500 for 3 minutes until I shut it off and its 70 degrees out. I'm going to try some industrial fuel injector cleaner next and see if that helps, its a long shot but one cyl misfire in rare cases can make the next cyl misfire and most stations use cheap gas. Still trying to find if there is an ignition control module on this car and where it's at. Also wheres the best place to pick up a used haynes manual. Thanks a lot for your time