Need Help Finding A Clunking/Thunking Front End Noise

2001 Corolla CE with just under 69000 miles. The background; it sat unused on the beach for 2-3 years (within stone throw of the ocean). I picked it up 4-5 years ago for a steal with only 18000 miles on it. It has developed a clunking noise in the front end when going under 45mph (probably cant hear it afterwards due to wind/road noise) I replaced the sway bar end links roughly 15000 miles ago because they were squeaking and use genuine Moog end links. Also replaced lower ball joints in the past couple thousand miles hoping that was the issue since the parts were cheap and easy to replace, didn't make a difference. Today I replaced the rear motor mount as it was obviously bad/going bad. The rubber was pulled off the metal housing half way around the mount. It fixed the clunking that I could feel on the floor board but there is still a significant audible clunking coming from the front drivers side. Cant feel it in the steering wheel and the car goes straight. Always happens backing out of the driveway and riding around the neighborhood when hitting small bumps. I'm hoping for some guidance as to where to look next and how to test/check the possible parts that may be causing the problem. Im leaning towards the motor mount on the drivers side or bad/worn struts since they are all original. Just dont want to throw parts at it. Any help is appreciated

Your car has a CV joint from the transmission to each of the wheels. It sounds exactly like a bad CV joint. Put a new one in on both sides to both wheels. If one is going bad, the other should be replaced too... Bad CV joints clunk and your symptom sounds exactly like a bad CV joint.

2001 Corolla CE with just under 69000 miles. The background; it sat unused on the beach for 2-3 years (within stone throw of the ocean). I picked it up 4-5 years ago for a steal with only 18000 miles on it. It has developed a clunking noise in the front end when going under 45mph (probably cant hear it afterwards due to wind/road noise) I replaced the sway bar end links roughly 15000 miles ago because they were squeaking and use genuine Moog end links. Also replaced lower ball joints in the past couple thousand miles hoping that was the issue since the parts were cheap and easy to replace, didn't make a difference. Today I replaced the rear motor mount as it was obviously bad/going bad. The rubber was pulled off the metal housing half way around the mount. It fixed the clunking that I could feel on the floor board but there is still a significant audible clunking coming from the front drivers side. Cant feel it in the steering wheel and the car goes straight. Always happens backing out of the driveway and riding around the neighborhood when hitting small bumps. I'm hoping for some guidance as to where to look next and how to test/check the possible parts that may be causing the problem. Im leaning towards the motor mount on the drivers side or bad/worn struts since they are all original. Just dont want to throw parts at it. Any help is appreciated
i also replaced the front struts (whole assemblies) and the sway shackles and the clunking remained. I had new tires put on and when the guy was removing the front tires he notice the inner steering tie rods were worn, so I had them both replaced and then had the alignment done. Guess what???...no more clunking!!! You might also want to check the sway bar bushings also as I've been told if they are worn or the rubber is perished, that can also cause a clunking sound.