never again

I leased a 2014 Toyota Corolla in August of 2014 while living in NY. Moved to Florida and gave transporter spare key but found out that the spare key did not work in my car. So I gave they original key to transport car. Living in Florida for 2 months, have 3,000 miles on car and transmission goes. Thank goodness it's a leased car. They replace my automatic transmission with a CVT transmission and my life has been one miserable mess. I hate this car. Have been back to dealership and they say this is how it is supposed to drive. The car jerks and shudders when you accelerate. Only way this car drives somewhat ok is if you get it past 50. Toyota dealership's answer is to buy another Toyota. Why would I do that? They invited me down to the showroom and had me there test driving and talking about how wonderful this new car is. I can increase my payments, put more money down and get another headache. They honestly believe that someone would do that. What kind of company is this? I would never buy, lease or look at another Toyota again. Terrible service, terrible car. Cannot wait for this lease to end so I can move onto any other car but a Toyota. I also had to pay $175.00 for a new spare key as the dealership in NY never provided me with the correct key for my car. After talking to Toyota they reimbursed me that money.

Odd : There was a mix-up with keys. That is an easy check when you tour the car before taking delivery.
Odder : Toyota reimbursed you instead of the dealer (via the warranty) whom probably still had the original missing key (or there is another customer with an odd key set...)
Oddest : They replace an automatic (L) with a CVT (LE) ? Nah...

fishycomics

Super Moderator
So Sorry to hear this. hope your next Toyota won't be a bad one.If you were swapped another incorrect AT, I suggest you file a complaint.

This post is meaningless in my book. jolly is definitely correct.

Also this forum is not a review site. Take the issues up with your Toyota dealer(s) or go to corporate.

Sitting here and bashing a car that all of us love isn't going to do you any good.

fishycomics

Super Moderator
Yep totally agree just a forum here. with a Name like that go figure why we bother to comment.

If I were to be upset I don't take it out on this forum

I will agree that is a 4 speed automatic would not be replaced with a CVT. If it was then your issue is with that particular dealership and would have to take it up with them or corporate. And to add to that there should be lemon laws down in the US.

fishycomics

Super Moderator
Within 30 days they have to repair with three attempts. if they repair and you don't return in the 30 day, your LOSS something like that?

HanSolo

I would suggest arbitration which should be outlined if the OP cannot get anywhere with the dealer or Toyota, but I agree this post is bogus. NO DEALER would ever replace an automatic with a CVT.