new 2016 toyota corolla facelift imagens leaked

Generally like the changes, but too much chrome, especially the wide strip in the back. Oddly, the new front end kind of reminds me of the previous generation Camry, while the new Camry mimics the 2014-2015 Corolla front. Nice dash cluster.

It looks like a step backward. Away from the clean sporty look to a cluttered faux-chrome cluttered and dated design. I like the dash cluster though. That new look isn't gonna inspire a lot of new sales. Too generic and dated.

fishycomics

Super Moderator
the days of a t-bird and Corvette. the days of a Camaro and a firebird, z28, trans am.

So what is the complaint about a corolla and a civic? Lol.

Honestly I hate the front to much grill. takes one jerk in a city to caddy corner in a parking spot and gas it in on you. yep crap like that happens every day if they opt to add some bumper and leave both some grill top and bottom not all.

ZeCorolla

I Love Corolla's!
It's either the refresh for the Altis or someone just photoshopped the front of the new refresh of the Auris onto the 11th gen Corolla Altis.

The HUD is awesome. I would love to transplant that. On a side note, I had a chance to drive a BMW M6 a few weeks ago...pretty boring ride except for all the tech. Loved the heads up speedometer though.

Well from 09-13 the corolla stayed the same. I am guessing we won't have a major refresh of the Corolla for until 2019. That is unless Toyota sticks with their new idea's to make their line more innovative and "fun" lol

Well from 09-13 the corolla stayed the same. I am guessing we won't have a major refresh of the Corolla for until 2019. That is unless Toyota sticks with their new idea's to make their line more innovative and "fun" lol
well, the 3rd gen corolla will get a refresh (or facelift as some refer to it) just like the 09-13 model did about half way through its cycle, when, IMO, they made the corolla look about 5 years older with the changed grill.

anyway, semantics....new generation starting with the 2019 model as you said versus facelift/refresh probably with the 2016 or 2017 model.

soooooo wait wait wait is it going to have more hp stock or is it just a gilded cunt???
No idea what a gilded cunt is...but I am gonna go with that one. Toyota won't make a real "sport" version of the corolla because it might hurt their scion and camry lines. BUT if they are smart then they will see that a lot of people like the new corolla and might finally open their ears to the cries of "MORE HORSEPOWER".

The 2ZR-FE (the engine in our Corolla) is VVT-i (Variable Valve Timing with Intelligence)

As well as the 1ZZ-FE, and several other modern Toyota engines. It's basically the Toyota equivalent to Honda's VTEC-i (Valve Timing Electronic Control with Intelligence)

The 2ZZ-GE was the 1.8 L VVTL-i (Variable Valve Timing and Lift with Intelligence) that released on the '03 - '05 Matrix and Corolla XRS and the final gen Celica GT-S. Those motors were a blast.

Most car companies are switching over to variable valve timing. Ford's version is Ti-VCT (Twin Independent Valve Control Timing), which pretty much all new Ford engines use except the diesel. GM still uses pushrods for their V8's but they are starting to implement their version in the 4-cylinder engines.

Just avoid the 2.4 L VVT-i ... they were dogshit slow and they have problems burning oil. First generation Scion tC had them, as well as the '07 - '08 Camry, the '09 Matrix and Corolla XRS.

Of course, you need the PCM and wiring harness for that as well since the 2ZZ-GE uses different electronics from the 2ZR-FE.

You'd also need a power steering pump delete kit since we have EPS.