new corolla owner

Hi guys, in the last week i purchased a 2014 corolla le plus, 23,000 miles. Just curios how people are liking there's, looking at getting some winter tires and suggestions would be great, probably going to go down to a 15in steel wheel and tires. Also just curios what people are getting for mileage, i do 60/40 city and highway driving. I drive modestly and i am easy on my vehicles? Also are people sticking with the 10,000 mile oil change or are they getting it done sooner?

Thanks guys, sorry for 20 questions, haha.

McKe

Congrats on having 2014 Toyota Corolla, I think you are going to love the car. I personally enjoy my 2015 Corolla very much, I don't need winter tires and all that where I leave, I have done some minor mods to my car and people on the streets stop me and ask where I've gotten those cool things for my car. Thanks to this forum here is where I have gotten all my ideas to have a cool Corolla, I just did the 5,000 miles oil change, but I'm always very diligent with that in any of my cars.

Enjoy your Corolla and have fun ....

ToyBoy

Hello Max , I also have a 2014 with around 23k miles that I bought new. Toyota recommends 0-20w oil at 10k mile changes but I don`t go that long although I think you would be ok doing that . I do go 5k mile changes and all 0-20w oil is synthetic . Bridgestone Blizzaks for snow tires are highly rated . Just going by the average mpg for over several thousand miles I`m getting 38 mpg for the driving I do average. I do notice here in Indiana that winter blend gas and cold weather will drop that about 5mpg lower . I relly like my Corolla . It has good room, enough pick-up for me, and rides fairly decent . I like its exterior looks and like the dash(it`s totally different than all the other small cars out there). I`ve had zero issues so far with car problems . Jim

I also bought a 2014 Corrolla S+. Nice car. Runs great. No issues whatsoever. It's my wife's car. If it was my car I would opt for a manual. Love the heated seats. The stereo is complicated but works good.

The mods I've done to the car:

LED domelight
Husky All weather mats
Tinted windows

Hi guys, in the last week i purchased a 2014 corolla le plus, 23,000 miles. Just curios how people are liking there's, looking at getting some winter tires and suggestions would be great, probably going to go down to a 15in steel wheel and tires. Also just curios what people are getting for mileage, i do 60/40 city and highway driving. I drive modestly and i am easy on my vehicles? Also are people sticking with the 10,000 mile oil change or are they getting it done sooner?

Thanks guys, sorry for 20 questions, haha.
I have a 2015 Le Plus with 13000 miles and am getting 38+ MPG but only drive back roads at 55 mph, on a 250 mile drive on Interstate I got 43 mpg love the car. Does anyone know if the CVT has belts/pulleys or gears?

Thomas

I have a 2015 Le Plus with 13000 miles and am getting 38+ MPG but only drive back roads at 55 mph, on a 250 mile drive on Interstate I got 43 mpg love the car. Does anyone know if the CVT has belts/pulleys or gears?
The CVT has a metal, chain-like belt. There are no gears, otherwise it would be a regular automatic transmission. There are some good videos on YouTube as to how a CVT works; it's pretty simple.