New guy here with a 2005 XRS...

Hello guys, My name is Tracey, I'm from New Hampshire and I just picked up a '05 Corolla XRS. It needs a clutch and was curious if any of you had any insight on what to get or what to stay away from? I found a bunch of options on eBay that included new flywheels, but I'm not sure what is decent vs. garbage. Thanks!

casmic

no way I just bought a 05 yesterday. mine just had a new clutch put in by toyota before i bought but i know it was 1500. if your going aftermarket id be interested to see what you decide on.

rk97

No input on the clutch (sorry) but I am really curious what kind of mileage you get with the XRS. Those will be high on my list when it's time to replace my current 'rolla.

It will be a hard choice between XRS, or Acura TSX...

casmic

I think they say like 28. they way I drive makes me a bad candidate for that test. you have to run premium but id say it worth it. especially coming from a full size chevy w/ 9" lift 36" tires lol.

rk97

what "they say" is rarely accurate, but you're right about your driving style being a factor. I get about 3 mpg better than fuelly says I should for my model year. I think that's based more on the amount of highway driving I do than anything else though.

I'm just curious how much the additional power hurts the average.

casmic

22 city 30 hwy so if u stay at 65 or so 30mpg. 30 mpg is damn good considering the power increase. witch will be there when u need it:)

rk97

I commute 47 miles each way for work, so 30mpg is about as low as I can stomach when gas prices go up. I also tend to drive more like 70-75, so not ideal speed for economy.

To get back to your clutch question, you might have better luck searching for Celica GT-S clutches. I am assuming it's the same part number.

casmic

go with factory oem and if you can stomach it have the toyota install it. not cheap but ylu feel comfortable at least i do knowing the put it in. that actually what sold me on it since I been down the bad clutch road b4