New Here With a Corolla and Advice

Hi, i own a 2006 corolla and wanted to ask about an item that we can see on ebay that adds HP and MPG, it is a resistor. if you search for gas saver it comes up.wanted to know if anybody has aditional information as a user...thanks.

Those resistors defeat the function of a sensor that is designed to make the engine run as efficiently as possible, and will actually decrease power and mileage.

If you want to increase power and mileage (even if just a little), then go with a free-flowing air intake filter replacement from, say, K&N. Perhaps a set of replacement spark plugs will help. From what I've heard, the best parts for Toyotas are made by Denso.

Really, if your 'Rolla is running well, I'd just concentrate on using the best air filters, best spark plugs, best oil filter, and best oil. Always keep your tires inflated, and come to a stop slowly and leave off from a stop slowly for maximum MPG.

If you'd like to trick your ride a bit, a TRD (Eibach) spring set with matching hardware and a sleek set of rims will work wonders. Check out these pics for yourself: Lowered Corollas

Cheers

If you want to increase power and mileage (even if just a little), then go with a free-flowing air intake filter replacement from, say, K&N.
Please stop this myth. Those K&N intake filters 9 times out of 10 do not increase flow and the 1/10 time it does, you severely lose filtering ability. If toyota could make a different filter that allows air in that much easier and still filters sufficiently, wouldn't they?

Independent AMSOIL Dealer, Contact me to get the world's best oil for prices lower than brands like Mobil1 and Royal Purple!

GoldMedalSyntheticOils.com