I live in Nova Scotia Canada. I had new Toyota Corona in 1971. In 1973 I bought a new Celica. Later in the 70's I bought a used 1972 Celica. In the early 90[s I bought a 1986 Corolla. I inherited my mother 1990 corolla in the mid 90's.With and In between all these I had other cars and trucks. About 5 years ago I bought a 2006 Corolla CE. and in that time I put on about 50,000 km pretty much trouble free.
I enjoy the Toyotas for being mostly trouble free and very good on gas. I am thinking of buyin ga 2010 or 2011 Corolla with some features such as cruise, power window's, power, trunk , remote start. I would like to stay around the 80,000 km range
Is there any common problems with these year cars, known issues etc or should I be able to get another 50,000 km generally trouble free driving.
Thanks for any input.
Murray

Welcome! Na, you didn't say too much. I think once it has been a certain amount of time, you can't go back and edit a post.

If the 2010 or 2011 Corolla is in good shape you should easily be able to get another 50,000km+ out of it. Keep an eye out for small oil leaks from the timing chain tensioner or around the valve cover. Both are relatively easy fixes and it can help you work the price down. If you don't have a code reader I highly recommend buying one - it will be the best $50-60 bucks you spend.

That way when you go used car shopping you can see if there are any engine codes OR if the owner cleared all the codes prior to you coming, which is a bad sign they are trying to hide problems with the car. And then you can use the code reader to keep your car in good repair. Happy hunting!

I haven't had any problem on my 2010 Toyota corolla....I bought it brand new...it's at 150,000...just oil changes, air filter, tires, spark plugs, breaks.....suspension is still good...no leaks ..I just got a Toyota recall regarding the airbag issue...