New Tires

I am due for my third set of tires for my 2008 Corolla. I will have 140,000 miles on it. My last set was Yokohama. Not sure of the type, but they were rated at 80,000 miles, and that is what I will have when I change. From what I understand, they no longer make the type I have. Can anyone recommend what I should go to this time. I travel mostly interstate and drive about 100 miles a day.

Scott O'Kashan

Super Moderator
The type of tire to recommend all depends on what you want out of a set of tires and what's most important to you or not. Ride, handling, braking, wet weather performance, snow/icy weather performance, fuel economy, noise, tread life, price, etc. There are many factors to consider.

Last edited:
Dude its totally depend upon your mind that which brand or how much money are you spend on the tires of purchasing..But i suggest to you must purchase Toyo...

Ric

The type of tire to recommend all depends on what you want out of the set of tires and what's most important to you or now. Ride, handling, braking, wet weather performance, snow/icy weather performance, fuel economy, noise, tread life, price, etc. There are many factors to consider.
Very well put,, couldn't agree more.

Markpark44,

I drive about 130 miles of mostly interstate a day. I changed to Michelin Primacy MVX4 tires (stock 15" size) about 35K miles ago and I love them. They have an excellent balance of ride, handling, fuel economy, and wet weather traction. At 35K they still look new.

When reading reviews of the MVX4, be wary of older car owners that are really reviewing the older OEM Primacy (no MVX4), which was an inferior tire.

While the Michelin's cost more than many other brands, the smaller 15" rim size and calling around to different tire shops for quotes got me the tires at a reasonable price. They still cost a little more but the increased wet weather traction makes it all worthwhile.

What if they live in Arizona where wet weather considerations are not a factor?

It all depends and the original poster has not specified nor even answered for almost a week. Looks like another drive-by.

To answer a question properly one has to know why a given modification is being made. Breaking the law is what is really rude and it's not much help to someone encouraging them to break the law and get in trouble with the police. Indeed, promoting illegal activities in and by itself is illegal and not in holding with any forum rules anywhere. :thumbsup::rolleyes:

Last edited:
I see your point but at the same time by asking a question and not being specific makes it hard to answer. I work on the phones everyday. When I pick up a call I get lots of (among many others) "i'm calling about my car loan" and that is it. Does the customer want to make an extra payment? Is he behind on payments and wants to bring account up to date? Does he want to pay it off? That is such a big open ended question that can be answered many ways wrong or right. What tire should I get is similar.