New to corolla what you paid for your s plus?

That sounds reasonable. I paid a little more for my 2015 S Plus 6 Speed Manual. The zero percent APR is key, just try to negotiate the monthly price to work the overall down. Of course the best thing to do would be to put like 10% down payment no matter what.

That sounds reasonable. I paid a little more for my 2015 S Plus 6 Speed Manual. The zero percent APR is key, just try to negotiate the monthly price to work the overall down. Of course the best thing to do would be to put like 10% down payment no matter what.
Ok no. Don't discuss monthly payments discuss total cost. Also putting money down on a car is a SOLID waste of money. Especially if you're in a 0% APR period.

OP don't do what this guy did.

shah23

Ok no. Don't discuss monthly payments discuss total cost. Also putting money down on a car is a SOLID waste of money. Especially if you're in a 0% APR period.

OP don't do what this guy did.
I second what he said. They will distract you by always asking you what monthly payments you're looking for.

Notice I said ZERO APR. I'm talking about trying to shave a few bucks by throwing the monthly payment with zero APR in the mix. I know what I'm talking about. I have worked wholesale in the auto industry and now work for a marketing company.

If it matters at all I used TrueCar when I bought my Corolla. Dealer agreed to the price and that was that. Thousands under sticker. I have a lower monthly payment for my car than a coworker does on a older Civic.

And putting money down on a car is never a bad idea on zero percent APR. It lowers your monthly payments from there on out. Had I put no money down my recurring payment would be much higher.

Notice I said ZERO APR. I'm talking about trying to shave a few bucks by throwing the monthly payment with zero APR in the mix. I know what I'm talking about. I have worked wholesale in the auto industry and now work for a marketing company.

If it matters at all I used TrueCar when I bought my Corolla. Dealer agreed to the price and that was that. Thousands under sticker. I have a lower monthly payment for my car than a coworker does on a older Civic.

And putting money down on a car is never a bad idea on zero percent APR. It lowers your monthly payments from there on out. Had I put no money down my recurring payment would be much higher.
It's dumb because Let's say you bought it for $18k right? You total it in a month. Insurance won't give you that. Good luck. You put your $2k down whatever and you're out that money and left getting a new vehicle. Complete waste of money. And whole sale and marketing arent qualifications to understand how this works. Sorry you're clueless and think you're qualified to make a great decision but it's simply not. Spend $300 for gap and pay it as it goes. You're not out any more money that way. It's mainly for it you total your vehicle really quickly. That happens a lot and it's not worth putting money down on it. Common sense>wholesale

Thanks for the kind words. I hope the OP learned something other than flaming people.

I've had the car for 19 months. So I must be pretty fortunate I didn't total it.

Dealer selling me 2016 s plus for 19500 with the zero percent offer is this a good deal or you guys think I can lower the price more?
Like many other people said here, 0%Apr is key. But remember tax and license will roughly be 10.5% depending on your state. 19500 is a bit high for s plus. Got mine for 17400 bare, sqeezed em on some mud flaps and some mats, paid under 20k with 4k down, pretty happy with my monthly payment for a brand new car

I bought my 2014 S plus with CVT for $23,000 including tax and license. I put 3k down and finance 20k at 2.99% APR. When I went to purchase the car they had a deal where you either choose 0% APR or $2k off car sticker price. I decide to take the 2k off sticker price, which made my car sticker price $17,500. Then I added the "High desert package" (That package included nitrogen in tires, the leather seats treatment, window tint, & paint protective coating), extended warranty, gap insurance, and car alarm. All those add on bump the price up to that $23,000 including tax and license.
If i could do it all over, I would of bought the car without all the add-ons. I would of only bought the car with Gap insurance and I would of just went to a aftermarket tint location. The factory alarm is cheap crap, I pulled it out last year and put a viper remote start.
BTW i live in Victorville, CA.