new to forum and bought a 12 Corolla 21july12

Howdy,

I live in College Station, Texas and am a first time Corolla owner.
I was at the Toyota dealer Saturday (21jul), I had my 2010 Prius in for sevice, and was walking around the lot looking and killing time. My salesman came out and we chit chatted. Well the long and short of it, they really wanted my Prius, especially with 16,000 miles on it and after some haggling they made a heck of a deal with me.

So I went home with a White 2012 Corolla LE.

I like it, it has less road noise than the Prius, and seems to respond better. I was so focused on getting the best mpg I could it kinda took the fun out of driving, yeah it was "fun" getting 50+ mpg but I missed just getting in and just driving.

man I am now having to re-learn how to drive as driving a Prius isn't like other cars. :D

So I am looking forward to the ride and chatting with y'all.

peace,
bob

yep they wanted my Prius. They gave me more than I owed on the Prius and I got the Corolla for less than sticker. They said they have people looking for used Prius with low miles. I got the Corolla for less than what I owed on the Prius

It's nice to know about that. By the way, I found the best dealerships in my area when I chose to get a new vehicle for my brand new business. I have to travel a lot for the business, and a site directed in my in the best direction to go. I was very happy to get the dependable car for an excellent price. With http://www.cardealexpert.com/dealer/79045/TX-Austin-Howdy-Honda you're going to get the very best truck purchasing experience achievable. Therefore head to Austin TX Honda now!

I have an '09 S, and if you want to get 30+ mpg in the city and over 40 mpg highway, all you gotta do is start slowly from a stop, and gradually come to a stop. But when you gotta get on it, the Corolla is quite capable of getting out of its own way. You're gonna love it!

I have an '09 S, and if you want to get 30+ mpg in the city and over 40 mpg highway, all you gotta do is start slowly from a stop, and gradually come to a stop. But when you gotta get on it, the Corolla is quite capable of getting out of its own way. You're gonna love it!
that is the opposite of the Prius, in it you accelerate moderately to speed, so I will have to relearn how to drive. :eek:

I took the Corolla on a 500 mile round trip and loved it. it didn't huff and puff on the highway, I was surprised at the power, even at 75 mph and the a/c running.

Opposite of the Prius??? It's exactly the same: From a stop, start out and gradually build up speed; and when coming to a red light or stop sign, apply the breaks gently and give yourself plenty of time to stop. In other words, baby your 'Rolla, and you will receive high mpg numbers.

Last edited: