New to s type. Need performance input

LOL Performance and corolla don't go in the same sentence together. Speed Limiter is around 115mph. 0-60 in something like 9.7 seconds. 132HP. Boost is only possible with an expensive custom setup. Not worth the money, just get a faster car. Just make the thing look nice and give it good handling and you have a fantastic daily driver. Just don't expect this to be your racecar. Sorry to rain on your parade bro.

ZeCorolla

I Love Corolla's!
LOL Performance and corolla don't go in the same sentence together. Speed Limiter is around 115mph. 0-60 in something like 9.7 seconds. 132HP. Boost is only possible with an expensive custom setup. Not worth the money, just get a faster car. Just make the thing look nice and give it good handling and you have a fantastic daily driver. Just don't expect this to be your racecar. Sorry to rain on your parade bro.

:cool:

I'm from Thailand and I just moved to the USA about 3years, I have a question in my mind for the past 3year that's why machanic, car shop in USA cant modify car such as our Corolla to be racecar or faster and reliable at the same time?, but in Thailand they can do it even know USA had higher technology and tools. Sorry for my bad English.

ZeCorolla

I Love Corolla's!
I'm from Thailand and I just moved to the USA about 3years, I have a question in my mind for the past 3year that's why machanic, car shop in USA cant modify car such as our Corolla to be racecar or faster and reliable at the same time?, but in Thailand they can do it even know USA had higher technology and tools. Sorry for my bad English.
It's just the car culture in those specific regions. In some countries such as Thailand, Japan, India, etc. it's more popular to compete in smaller and more practical cars which is why you'll see a lot of compact car race cars there. In Japan for example, there are races specifically for the Toyota Vitz (Yaris hatchback) as well as 86 specific races. As you can see, Toyota Team Thailand races in Corolla Altis' and 86's. It's not like the Corolla is just a skin on top of a tube frame. It's an actual production model Corolla Altis that they have modified for racing. They have even used their Corolla Altis to compete in the 24 hour Nurburgring race which they did pretty good in for their class.

However, in the US, it is more popular to race in a faster and less practical car which is why motorsports such as Nascar and drag racing are more popular. Don't get me wrong though, there are a ton of people who prefer circuit racing in the U.S. too but the Corolla isn't a first pick for many people. I just posted those pictures just to show that there are race modified Corolla's around and it's not this "impossible" goal.

Couldn't have put it any better. My thoughts exactly.

Okay here is the thing with boosting a Corolla. To get this straight I want to do it too but these things are holding me back. So getting the turbo or supercharger is the easy part, ask anyone that makes boost kits. The hard thing is tuning it, if you don't tune it, it will run like shit. The problem is price and I have not been able to find anyone that has cracked the code in a 2014-2016 Corolla.

Okay here is the thing with boosting a Corolla. To get this straight I want to do it too but these things are holding me back. So getting the turbo or supercharger is the easy part, ask anyone that makes boost kits. The hard thing is tuning it, if you don't tune it, it will run like shit. The problem is price and I have not been able to find anyone that has cracked the code in a 2014-2016 Corolla.
That's what I've heard as well. Let us know if you know a way guys!

ZeCorolla

I Love Corolla's!
OrangeVirus Tuning has cracked the codes for the 10th gen ECU and they are working with turbokits.com to release a tune for the 10th gen turbo kit. They also did say that they are currently working on cracking the 11th gen Corolla ECU (I think they cracked the Corolla iM ECU though) so you should directly ask them about the status on that. The only other option is getting an AEM Plug and Play or something along those lines.

https://www.ovtuned.com/

I'm waiting for that ARM plug n play! The only reason, I picked up my new SE, cvt...was that I wouldn't get stolen or broken into like my civic's!

I almost picked up that EX- T , cvt Civic...type R, hatchie coming!

To original poster, we are: unique...corolla fans...and toyota doesn't show us love. So save up for custom work....or concentrate on beating Prius' mpgs!
I'm a loser, NO turbocharger!

No love from toyota usa, NO ASIAN HYBRID COROLLA!

OrangeVirus Tuning has cracked the codes for the 10th gen ECU and they are working with turbokits.com to release a tune for the 10th gen turbo kit. They also did say that they are currently working on cracking the 11th gen Corolla ECU (I think they cracked the Corolla iM ECU though) so you should directly ask them about the status on that. The only other option is getting an AEM Plug and Play or something along those lines.

https://www.ovtuned.com/
I emailed them and they told me that they can't crack it. :(

ZeCorolla

I Love Corolla's!
I emailed them and they told me that they can't crack it. :(
I'll talk to them later and see if they have any more info. As for other options, you'll have to go for a plug and play unit or something of that sort. It's a bit more expensive but it's the best option for now. The 10th gen turbo kit from turbokits.com is usually sold with the AEM plug and play so I'd get that.

I'll talk to them later and see if they have any more info. As for other options, you'll have to go for a plug and play unit or something of that sort. It's a bit more expensive but it's the best option for now. The 10th gen turbo kit from turbokits.com is usually sold with the AEM plug and play so I'd get that.
What is the AEM plug and play? Sorry haha I'm rather new at all of this. Thanks!

ZeCorolla

I Love Corolla's!
What is the AEM plug and play? Sorry haha I'm rather new at all of this. Thanks!
Pretty much, it's a computer that you can install which will let you control what the engine does. I'm not really familiar with these computers either so I just know the basics. Also, the 10th gen turbokits.com turbo kit comes with an AEM FIC which is a fuel injector controller (lets you control how much fuel is added to the combustion). The plug and play is an option which lets you further make adjustments to the turbo so I think you can get away with using a FIC only (you'll need a harness though).

http://aemelectronics.com/?q=produc...ries-2-programmable-engine-management-systems

http://turbokits.com/Toyota/Corolla/Turbo_Kits/TurboKits.com_Corolla_2ZR-FE_Turbo_Kit/1972/

Pretty much, it's a computer that you can install which will let you control what the engine does. I'm not really familiar with these computers either so I just know the basics. Also, the 10th gen turbokits.com turbo kit comes with an AEM FIC which is a fuel injector controller (lets you control how much fuel is added to the combustion). The plug and play is an option which lets you further make adjustments to the turbo so I think you can get away with using a FIC only (you'll need a harness though).

http://aemelectronics.com/?q=produc...ries-2-programmable-engine-management-systems

http://turbokits.com/Toyota/Corolla/Turbo_Kits/TurboKits.com_Corolla_2ZR-FE_Turbo_Kit/1972/
Ah thank you so much! Great answer!