New to site, legacy with Car.

mr.wolf

Corolla Legacy
Hi, i'm Nick, am soon to be purchasing a '05 Corolla S Blue 5-speed. Will be my second one, recently had a '85 Corolla ran like a beast and I hear according to the gentleman I sold it to who has multiple '73s and a Corona?? that its running like a champ. I do have a few parts ordering or fixing questions, the arm rest/center console lid is loose is there a fix for this or should I replace the lid or just the hinge and clasp lock. Also is missing right side Bumper spoiler where can I get these color matched? oh one more thing, what is the average life span of clutches on these guys and price for having new one put in average.
Thanks and hope to talk to you guys in the future.
-KCCO

Scott O'Kashan

Super Moderator
Welcome to the Corolla Forum mr.wolf! :)

As for interior parts and color matching, if you go to an auto parts store, they may have dye's you can use to change the color of interior parts as you like.

Clutches and their life expectancy, it all depends on the driver really.

A great source for good/used parts is --> http://www.Car-Part.com

Also new to the site

Hi,

I hope I can shed some light on your clutch question. I own an '05 CE and I purchased it brand new in August of '05. Last year, in May, I had to take it in for a computer chip recall and they said I would be needed a new clutch housing in the next 2 years. I still haven't replaced it yet. I just hit 106k miles and am on the original one.

I will be replacing it this summer. I am just trying to learn how to do it myself. That is why I joined this forum. These cars are great. You can do a lot of stuff yourself.

In the 8 years I have owned my Corolla I have only had to change the brake pads, spark plugs, windshield wipers, oil, oil and air filters, some fuses, and the tires. That is it. I am even on the ORIGINAL SERPENTINE belt, though it needs to be replaced as well.

Hope this gives you some idea of what to look forward to.