No wipers, signals, or dash lights

My sisters landlord has an 03 or 05 Corolla in good shape he'll sell me fairly cheap. He told her the dash lights won't light up and the wipers or signal lights won't work. Anything related to cause these issues? Any chance if there's not the fuse panel could be corroded, or am I just getting into an electrical nightmare if I bought it. Any help would be great. Thanks

Hello!

First, check the fuses. Owner's manual should cover which fuses are where and what they do. If that doesn't work, it may be the light stalk. Lucky for you, I am parting out a Corolla S and not only have the light stalk for sale, but any other parts you may need. These cars are bulletproof if you treat them well, so buy it! And get a good price from him for it not being in perfect working order ;)

PS: Chances are slim to none the fuse box is corroded, unless he liked driving around with the hood open and throwing salty snow on it. Even if it was, guess what? Got one for sale, for cheap, out of the car ready for delivery ;)

• All the fuses are good. I can start and run the car with my booster pack or a charged battery, but it def isn't charging. Alternator fuses on engine bay panel are good. No power to gauge, Ecu-ig, wiper, rrwiper, washer, ac, *1 on panel below steering. Anything of hand they all have in common? Gonna try and find a schematic online.

I'd get a Chilton's or Haynes manual, mine has wiring diagrams in the back. Sounds like a bad harness if you aren't getting power to all those things - some connection from the alternator back into the car might be bad. I have a spare engine harness for sale too. It might even be something as simple as the alternator was installed wrong or the alternator is bad. Are you getting 12V from the alternator?

So I found out that the dash lights do work he just had it dimmed out. But no mileage being displayed. I also found that the ac/blower and rear defogger don't work. I've got some schematics here and everything in common with the issues seems ok. Everyone is steering me away from the alternator being the issue. If I new it could be I'd buy one and try it.

There is another fuse box block under the steering wheel. It is a bitch to get to, but there is a fuse in there that I blew and it was the cause.