Not again...

So I had a 2014 corolla S... The emissions charcoal canister went around 70k but I limped it to 85,000 miles before getting rid of it for our 2017 corolla xse in February of 17.. now at 70,000 miles and I'm throwing evaporation canister emissions codes. But it kills my cruise control. Can't even turn it on... I pull the battery cable and last a week or two before the codes and lock out... Frustrated... I drive about 35k a year. I asked the Toyota tech if these new cars junk after 70k... In 25 years of driving I've never had a emissions evap canister go... This is two now and both in new corollas... Anyone have evap codes... New gas cap, cleaned the screw part... It's a stuck open or close test failure in the canister......

i havent changed my fueling habits in 25 years... still as anal about droppage of a drop as i was then... i usually go to the second click when the nozzle clicks off, do 4-5 clicks of the gas cap... i've never had a issue till i got a corolla... 2 corolla's, 165k total miles in 4 and a half years both with the same issue now... i mean i dump a ton of fuel through the car, dry gas here and there to kill and moisture in the tank... i am just lost... I don't know why the emissions would shut down cruise control though... maybe ill take it up north to a major Toyota dealer and have them run a check on it, didn't know if anyone had this issue...

So took it to the dealer today, they ran the codes and it was the canister... They unkooked it and it was dripping water, they took it down and it was full of ice... They gonna replace for free thank god... New one comes with a water tight cover from what he said and admits it's a shitty design.... They only fixing it cause like he said, you traded in the 2014 for the 2017 because of the canister, now the 2017 same issue and if they didn't go good for it that I'd go buy a new car and not Toyota... Lol. And I was like you know me all to well... But there is water issues involving those canisters and placements...

So took it to the dealer today, they ran the codes and it was the canister... They unkooked it and it was dripping water, they took it down and it was full of ice... They gonna replace for free thank god... New one comes with a water tight cover from what he said and admits it's a shitty design.... They only fixing it cause like he said, you traded in the 2014 for the 2017 because of the canister, now the 2017 same issue and if they didn't go good for it that I'd go buy a new car and not Toyota... Lol. And I was like you know me all to well... But there is water issues involving those canisters and placements...
Thanks for the update.