Not Responding At All

Hey guys,

So recently, well last week I bought my mum a 2009 Toyota corolla ascent hatch from Toyota dealership. The car has 60k and was fixed up and polished etc before sold. So today when she went downstairs apparently the car won't start. I went down and checked. The key fob buttons aren't working to lock and unlock and when I turn the key In the ignition it turns, but no start, no crack whatsoever. The hazards don't work, nothing is responding in the car. The light on the headliner is 'barely' on when I click it. So before I took it back to the dealer to get it fixed I decided I'd ask the forums! Does anyone know what the problem is and how to fix it?

Many thanks!

Ted

I'm assuming that since you have to ask you don't have a voltmeter. If you do have a voltmeter, or can borrow one, check the voltage of the battery. Also, if the battery has caps that can be removed take them off and make sure there is the correct amount of acid in the battery. If not, add water. Batteries that have non-removable caps (sealed battery) have a round 'eye' that has a color showing. If the color in the 'eye' is green the battery is OK; if the color is black then the battery is dead. Other than that, do you have a friend that has a car and jumper cables. If so, have them help you jump-start your car and drive it to somewhere where you can get your battery checked (your car dealer, Walmart, etc.). If you can't do any of that take the battery out of the car and bring it to one of those places.

You bought the car with 60,000 miles on it. If it has the original battery it may be too old.