OEM horn(s)

Thought I'd start a new ramble. I've read a lot of the threads about our wimpy "excuse me" horns. I was going to replace mine with Hella Sharptone or Supertone but then I decided to just add the high pitch OEM horn from Toyota. I'm sure someone here will want to stick with factory parts and probably has questions. There is already a threaded hole where this is supposed to mount. Almost like it was planned.
Anyways, bought OEM horn online and also the F connector. Took original bolt from existing horn to Lowe's and purchased two matching bolts. They have a great automotive grade bolt selection. Once installed, I tapped the existing horn wire and ran it to the new horn. Dressed up with some wire loom and done.
Now it sounds like my Highlander! No more "excuse me" sound, more like "MOVE"!
Part number for the high pitch OEM horn is 86510-0R010.
My Corolla came with the low pitch, so I'll assume that they all do.
Both horns draw 4 amps each. Our horn fuse is 10 amps. I also checked my Highlander horns and it is exactly the same set up.

wow, the horn is low? who would have guessed. Eons ago I installed an two tone air horn in my car. I had a toggle switch and one way would be the stock horn, switch it and BAM air horn. I was young and it was funnnnnnnnnnn. I don't think I will do it again but I do want to upgrade the stock horn.

wow, the horn is low? who would have guessed. Eons ago I installed an two tone air horn in my car. I had a toggle switch and one way would be the stock horn, switch it and BAM air horn. I was young and it was funnnnnnnnnnn. I don't think I will do it again but I do want to upgrade the stock horn.
Lol, I had a PA system back in the day. Used to scare the snot out of people!
Even had the General Lee horn sound!
Ahh good times

Thought I'd start a new ramble. I've read a lot of the threads about our wimpy "excuse me" horns. I was going to replace mine with Hella Sharptone or Supertone but then I decided to just add the high pitch OEM horn from Toyota. I'm sure someone here will want to stick with factory parts and probably has questions. There is already a threaded hole where this is supposed to mount. Almost like it was planned.
Anyways, bought OEM horn online and also the F connector. Took original bolt from existing horn to Lowe's and purchased two matching bolts. They have a great automotive grade bolt selection. Once installed, I tapped the existing horn wire and ran it to the new horn. Dressed up with some wire loom and done.
Now it sounds like my Highlander! No more "excuse me" sound, more like "MOVE"!
Part number for the high pitch OEM horn is 86510-0R010.
My Corolla came with the low pitch, so I'll assume that they all do.
Both horns draw 4 amps each. Our horn fuse is 10 amps. I also checked my Highlander horns and it is exactly the same set up.

I see the high horn on Amazon, but I want to also get all the related parts.
What is an F connector and part number for it and are the horns on 2017-2018 sedans the same as 2014-2016?

I'm not going to install it myself. Where should I take it to be installed, a car stereo shop or a Japanese car repair shop?

What is an F connector and part number for it and are the horns on 2017-2018 sedans the same as 2014-2016?

I'm not going to install it myself. Where should I take it to be installed, a car stereo shop or a Japanese car repair shop?
Good question as I did this mod myself.
I would try a car stereo shop. The brass crimp connector that is provided crushes too easily and a car stereo shop would most likely have the correct size in a different type of metal.

Below is the link to where I found the 1 piece horn connectors. They ship from overseas somewhere, so it’ll take approximately 3-4 weeks.

http://s.aliexpress.com/jUNryAfu

The other part of your questions, both my 2008 Highlander and 2014 Corolla use the same parts for the horn set up. I really doubt that Toyota has recently changed this for the 2017/18 Corolla’s.

I received the high horn and F connector in the mail and want to get this installed at a local automotive stereo shop ASAP.
What else is involved in this? Does the grill and bumper need to be removed?
Does anyone have a part number for the required bolts so I don't need to remove the factory horn and try to match the bolt to random bolts at a hardware store or should a stereo shop have the correct size bolts on hand already? Is this something Best Buy could do?

You can run by your stealership and pick up the correct bolt at the parts counter.
I don’t know if Best Buy would do it or not, but you can always ask.
You’d be better off at a stereo shop that does custom work. They’ll know what to do. And should have anything extra that might be needed. Like wire, terminals, etc.
No body work needs to be done, it’s accessible from under the hood.

You can run by your stealership and pick up the correct bolt at the parts counter.
I don’t know if Best Buy would do it or not, but you can always ask.
You’d be better off at a stereo shop that does custom work. They’ll know what to do. And should have anything extra that might be needed. Like wire, terminals, etc.
No body work needs to be done, it’s accessible from under the hood.

Why did you need 2 additional bolts instead of one? I only see one bolt mount.
I went to a Toyota dealer and they said they would have to special order the bolts for $1.62 each. I Googled the part number and nothing came up.
I went to a local auto care center and they said they would install the parts for 1 hour labor ($115) and I would need to leave it all day.
I'll see if I can find a stereo shop that will do it for less and/or with less waiting.

I went to a Toyota dealer and they said they would have to special order the bolts for $1.62 each. I Googled the part number and nothing came up.
I went to a local auto care center and they said they would install the parts for 1 hour labor ($115) and I would need to leave it all day.
I'll see if I can find a stereo shop that will do it for less and/or with less waiting.
I bought 2 bolts from Lowe’s so they would match. Yeah, I’m OCD that way. Lol
$1.62 is cheap! Ok, maybe not for a .10¢ bolt, but for a stealership.