OEM Navigation into 2011 Corolla S

Hey everyone. i just bought a 2011 Corolla S last night, and wanted to put OEM nav into it. I definitely want OEM, and not OEM look (I have had bad experiences with cheaply made units) I have been told that E7030 and E7019 units from a Corolla, Matrix, Rav4, Tundra & Sequoia will swap right in, is this true, and/or are there others? Anything that i should keep an eye out for? other parts I would need?

I don't believe mine is JBL (I will have to check when I get home tonight)

If I can get a backup camera too then great, but that isnt a big selling point at this time.

yeah it seems this forum isnt super active or people don't often post a lot of answers. I did try searching and I didn't get any definitive answers.

Im used to other forums for my Datsun and VW, where I get several replies within a few hours :(

I guess thats the difference between the cars, Datsun and VW there are a lot more active members who customize, tinker and really get into it where these Corollas are driven and enjoyed as is.

Ric

From what I can tell, its just a very slow forum, not many mod their Corollas lol so not many people are active here.
As for your question, Id go to a car audio forum, might get a answer there.

Scott O'Kashan

Super Moderator
A lot of people come here and there first post is a question regarding repairs on their vehicle. Then if someone answers their question, typically the original poster doesn't even say thank you and then vanishes from the forum, never to be heard from again. That routine gets pretty old and does nothing to grow the forum. So many times new members making one post with a repair question will tend to be ignored.

I totally get that, I know in the Datsun Forum we tent to roast new members that post a question that has been asked countless times and has many threads dedicated to that, but I did do some research, and used the search feature (hence how I got the two part numbers).

Ric

A lot of people come here and there first post is a question regarding repairs on their vehicle. Then if someone answers their question, typically the original poster doesn't even say thank you and then vanishes from the forum, never to be heard from again. That routine gets pretty old and does nothing to grow the forum. So many times new members making one post with a repair question will tend to be ignored.

well I hope this forum grows, as Im LOVING my new "car"
OP sorry for getting off topic

fishycomics

Super Moderator
i's one step above a ghost town, Moderator Scott seems to be like the last survivor, and we all know the rest. So rather try to be off topic, I'll go back on topic;

These are the radio's I seen around online, and they are now 1ghz speed, with 3g internet.

a Little older style

They are examples of aftermarket, and I keep asking myself, is it worth it???????????

I hop in my car, radio is already in an ON position by the end of the key turned I hear music.

With these I am sure it will be a warm up time.

the list can go on and on.

They are plug-n-play, I am sure the op's at the located places will have our answers, but I rather have an answer from a owner of one,

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't have nav but I do have the factory touch screen radio and it takes a few seconds to come to life when car is turned on. I don't find it an issue tho. I would think a factory nav should have no issues to be connected but not sure if the navigation would work as the car was not built with it. That said I am no expert

The irony here is that by doing that you're telling new, potential "stayers" that the forum is dead. By having that type of attitude you inadvertently scare people like myself away; people who are ready and willing to become an active member of a forum which relates to something they are passionate about.

I came here with my first post asking about the RPM of my Corolla at highway speed. Even though it's an often asked/answered question (which I was aware of prior to posting), I had some thoughts I wanted to share on it, etc.. After a while I sort-of got the feeling the forum was dead. On top of it, I saw someone (you) posting snide or rhetorical responses to people's questions. When someone in my position sees something like that happening, do you honestly think they will stay around?

I'm not jumping on you or anything, I'm just trying to offer my own perspective since it looks completely different from where I'm sitting.