Off and on steering vibration

I had an off and on vibration in my steering and front end. When I took it in the garage said it was just out of alignment but that they couldn't get the inner tie rod ends off so they had to cut them off, blah blah blah. So $600 later the problem was still there. Me and my husband replaced both cv axles. The problem went away for a couple of weeks, but now it is creeping back. I notice it more when braking hard but sometimes while driving. It only vibrates a little in the steering, not the whole car vibration like what was happening before. I would like to take care of this vibration nemesis once and for all. Any suggestions?

fishycomics

Super Moderator
you said you replaced the drive shafts/? my older car had balancers on the shafts. I wonder ifa tire rotation is needed to see if a bad radial is showing up? Another thought

On my Hondas, I've learned that using other than OEM axles can be problematic. If that carries over to Toyotas, that could be an issue there if you used 3rd party axles.

For vibration issues that are random, I have to wonder if they could be tire related? Broken belt in the tire? Other anomaly? If it was brakes (warped rotor or deposits on the rotor), I expect you would see vibrations every time you brake, not random occurring vibration.

Do you feel it in the seat? In the steering wheel? Both places?

fishycomics

Super Moderator
for me as quickly as that 3rd party got off the problem resolved agree Gh Honda for Honda they need that balancer. Cr-V would dance till it got to a speed that it was comfortable with.

one major thing I ask did you bang it or press it? to get it out or in. shop said bang.. there you go.