Oil filter removal

I haven't bought it yet didn't know if I could use one of other oil filter wrenches that most older cars use when you replace the whole housing instead of the filter element hate to buy that tool or something similar if I don't need it.

I've never owned a Honda I bought a oil filter wrench from O'reilly's and it doesn't work either I think it's breaking loose and spins off I always thought counter clockwise or lefty loosey righty tighty but its not budging either way now I'm out $6.41 for a oil filter wrench I'll never use. I already drained the oil so I can't drive it unless I just feel it up with new oil and leave the old filter on for another 5000-10000 miles.

No I hadn't I should've gotten the one I started to get to begin with it was $10.69 with tax I have around $47.80 in an oil change with royal purple oil, K&N oil filter element and the two wrenches I bought and one I don't need lol thanks for your help! Now that I have the right wrench and already have more Royal Purple oil and K&N filter I'll have around $31.70 in a oil and filter change.

I should've gotten under the car beforehand I'm used to old school vehicles with metal housing filters not these plastic canisters they have on this car. I know what I need now lol.