Oil filter size/brand miles over 10k

Because I'll be doing an oil change soon for my 15" Corolla S with over 10k miles.
What do you guys suggest on the Oil filter brand? I only know two kinds of brand and they are FRAM and WIX.
If their are more better brands please help me to choose what is best for my car...I need to know the SIZE and how is the "EFFICIENCY"

Last edited:

ToyBoy

I buy OEM filters from my dealer (less than a 1/2 mile from my house). They are a little less than $6 each. Toyota`s ok with them for 10k but I don`t go that long on an oil change.

I bought a WIX 57064XP filter meant for Synthetic Oil. The stock Toyota filters look like the WIX 57064 (non synthetic). Not sure what Toyota Filters are rated for or if there is a difference. I'm running Mobil 1 Advanced Fuel Economy 0W-20 Oil along with that XP filter.

Make sure you have an oil filter wrench for a Toyota before you get under the car.

Definitely.

I prefer the cap type oil filter wrench that mounts onto a 3/8" ratchet, especially because on these ones, you actually do use a wrench to tighten them.