Oil overfill about 1 cm (25/64 inch)

Guys,
I overfilled about about 1 cm (25/64 inch) over the MAX mark.
Can it cause engine damage?

P.S.
I add 200ml (6.8 oz) oil between changes.

Guys,
I overfilled about about 1 cm (25/64 inch) over the MAX mark.
Can it cause engine damage?

P.S.
I add 200ml (6.8 oz) oil between changes.
You should be fine but I'm always curious how people do this? I add 4 quarts of oil on a change and then start it to fill the filter and then let it drain overnight. The next day I check the level and top off. And why are you adding 200ml between oil changes? Your level will still be in the operating level if that's all you are adding.

If you check your level and you only need to add 200ml to get it back up to the full mark then it's no where near the low fill mark. You will be fine if it's above the low mark. You make it sound that you add 200 ml of oil when the level is just below the full line!

200ml is for oil top up.
Basically I wanted to say that 200ml it mine car oil consumption.
Just my point, if that is all you need to top it off you don't need to top it off. It's perfectly fine if the oil level is just below the full line. No need to top it off before an oil change if that is all the oil level below full. Just saying.

fishycomics

Super Moderator
to much is not good. If you feel you need to get that excess out, open up your oil filter.

I know pouring from a 5 QT container I empty out the 1/2 qt plus and whatever I could not squeeze out he car. goes in. many will gripe about you got to get the last drop out.

Down the road your car with higher mileage will burn it off like no tomorrow and say where did all that oil go. poof