Old CD Player

Hello guys! hope all is well !
I was wondering if i could completely remove the factory installed cd player from my corolla 08, and buy a more newer cd player somewhere online? The cd player i have right now doesn't play cds burned in mp3 format nor does it have an auxiliary input feature or a usb feature to plug my ipod.
how can i be sure the new player will fit right into the slot of the old cd player?
can i just buy a new cd player and swap them? how does the dimensions of the new player work?

thank you

Hello guys! hope all is well !
I was wondering if i could completely remove the factory installed cd player from my corolla 08, and buy a more newer cd player somewhere online? The cd player i have right now doesn't play cds burned in mp3 format nor does it have an auxiliary input feature or a usb feature to plug my ipod.
how can i be sure the new player will fit right into the slot of the old cd player?
can i just buy a new cd player and swap them? how does the dimensions of the new player work?

thank you
Honestly, just take it to Best Buy or some car audio place. I have done a lot of deck installs, and it really is worth the $40 or whatever for someone to install it for you. They make trim pieces that cover up the hole nicely. Something like this:

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Toyota-Corolla-03-08-DIN/dp/B0002BEPU8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1382726887&sr=8-1&keywords=2006+corolla+deck[/ame]

I have this trim piece in my car and it looks great. I also put this deck in:

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/JVC-Bluetooth-In-Dash-Digital-Receiver/dp/B006B1C88Y/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1382726947&sr=8-1&keywords=jvc+deck[/ame]

Really nice deck for the money. You can make calls with the push of one button and your voice. But it does NOT play CDs. But those are a thing of the past anyway. Just get a cheap ipod and leave it in your car. Nice thing is you can route the USB port to the glove box, hook your ipod up in there, and never have to worry about it being seen and possibly stolen.

If you do want to do it yourself, you'll also need a wiring harness.