Original 3 yr/36K mile warranty vs Toyota Certified 12 month/12K mile warranty

Need some clarification to make sure what I understand to be the way things work actually is how they work.

As I have stated in previous postings, I am new to Toyota, but bought a 2017 certified used vehicle with less than 10K miles that went into service in Feb 2017.

It is my understanding that the Toyota Certified used 12 month/12K mile comprehensive warranty with a $50 deductible will not really have any impact on me. I will be covered for the remaining 24 months or until the car reaches 36K miles depending on what I hit first. Is this a correct understanding of the comprehensive warranty?

I ask because I received a comprehensive warranty card from Toyota in the mail the other day that showed the warranty going out to just over 22K miles or 12 months with a $50 deductible.

I received a 2nd warranty card for the 7yr/100K miles for the powertrain with a $50 deductible. That one I understand to be 7 years from the in service date or 100K miles depending on what it hit first.

fishycomics

Super Moderator
is the 12mth towards your end or at the start? big difference if asked. hope you never have to use it we been great with the Toyotas for me out of the shop X-fingers

I am not sure that I understand the question.

The car is a 2017 that went into service in Feb 2017. The car had just under 10K miles on it when I purchased it in Jan 2018. It is my understanding that the 12 month/12K mile warranty that comes on certified used Toyotas really only comes into play in the event the vehicle is outside the original 36 month/36K mile warranty. It is my understanding that since the vehicle was purchased with 24 months or 26K miles left on the original vehicle warranty, that the original vehicle warranty would be in place rather than the 12 month/12K mile warranty with the $50 deductible.

Is that a correct understanding of how the warranty coverage works?