Owner Complaints For The 2014 Corolla

Was going to start a new thread, but I figured I would just post this here. This is not really a compliant that I'm making, but rather my wife (heh). I have an iPhone, she has an iPhone. When I call her from my car (Bluetooth) she complains about alot of background noise. She says it was much better on my '13 Corolla. Has anyone had anyone else complain about this with their calls?

I have tried to adjust the "Transmit Volume" (nice new feature), but to no avail.

I just got my new Toyota Corolla S CVT on Wednesday June, 25 to only find out that my A/C was not working! I took it in yesterday and mentioned that they had to recharge it! It looks like the factory didn't recharge it completely. SO they flushed it , recharged it and filled it up again.

I was somewhat upset but they took good care of it and got everything working in an hour. The recharging takes some time.

Overall I love this car!

Keep in mind that this situation could mean the air conditioning system has a leak and the freon is leaking out.

Do you know if they specifically checked the system for freon leaks? This takes special air conditioning equipment to do this.

Toyota Dealership

They used this full pressure with the air conditioning system closed. They took approximately 1.5 hrs to do this.

What they had to do is recharge the AC system It looks like it wasn't fully charged by Toyota plant.

Keep in mind that this situation could mean the air conditioning system has a leak and the freon is leaking out.

Do you know if they specifically checked the system for freon leaks? This takes special air conditioning equipment to do this.

Corolla Cop

2014 Corolla S Plus
I think you have a leak. They wouldn't let it out like that. They have quality control that checks those things. Keep a check on it.

Toyota designed the CVT to have as little parasitic effect on power as possible. They achieved this by changing the hydraulic pump design of the transmission to limit slippage while also reducing drag on the engine.

learengi

Corolla Driver
my girlfriends phone has problems with the bluetooth. It disconnects randomly when she is trying to talk on her phone. It does not happpen when my phone is connected to her car.

I have a corolla levin and twice within a month, when i have stopped at the traffic light, all the system has turned off, while the car is still on. Has anyone had this problem?

I haven't had any random shut-offs.

Just an Entune Premium unit replacement and an EPS light that stayed on for a minute after starting, turned off during the drive, and hasn't come back on since.

Was going to start a new thread, but I figured I would just post this here. This is not really a compliant that I'm making, but rather my wife (heh). I have an iPhone, she has an iPhone. When I call her from my car (Bluetooth) she complains about alot of background noise. She says it was much better on my '13 Corolla. Has anyone had anyone else complain about this with their calls?

I have tried to adjust the "Transmit Volume" (nice new feature), but to no avail.
I am having the exact same problem with my 2014 corolla. I can understand people perfectly when they are talking to me, they just cant understand me (a lot of background noise, as if I am in a tunnel). Also my voice recognition is not understanding anything that I say. The night I got the car they could not get it to work either. As it was late and I wanted to get home, I just took it. Should not have. I have tried to reset the voice recognition and the transmit volume. Has your problem been resolved?

People complain about a lot of background noise when I call them from my car. I have an iPhone. Also having a lot of trouble with the voice command-it can't understand anything I say. I have tried everything I know and the Toyota place has too. They are saying it is the iPhone. Does anyone else have problems with their iPhone and the Corolla? If so, what was the solution?

koby

These cars need more power.. Also what's the point of 6th gear.. I do 80mph and it's at 2500rpm.. I wish there was a TRD supercharger option..
There is a turbo option but it will take some work to fit/ run right and will void any engine/ transmission warranty most likely.

There is a turbo option but it will take some work to fit/ run right and will void any engine/ transmission warranty most likely.
I work for Toyota. Forced induction doesn't void warranty. I've had to put a high pressure fuel pump on a frs that was turboed..

koby

I work for Toyota. Forced induction doesn't void warranty. I've had to put a high pressure fuel pump on a frs that was turboed..
Nice to know, I just come from the nissan side and those guys will tell you every excuse under the sun to avoid warranty coverage.

Nice to know, I just come from the nissan side and those guys will tell you every excuse under the sun to avoid warranty coverage.
Well most dealers will come up with an excuse I even do sometimes but you can only makes so many till you have to fix whatever under warranty.

Did you realize it was a giant waste of time too because there is no true fix for that issue? I had a pump replaced and Toyota brought in engineers to look at it and they even tried to insulate the pump with a foam insulation. It didn't change anything. They gave up and so did I. The chirps on that car can be very annoying at times.

Had a little quirk on my headunit tonight but I'm thinking it was due to transitioning from iTunes music to Spotify. It's never happened in my mothers 14' Rav4, but I'm keeping an eye on it.

My car also has 150 miles

It's not a complaint as of now since it hasn't happened before but I'm keeping an eye on it as time progresses.

These cars need more power.. Also what's the point of 6th gear.. I do 80mph and it's at 2500rpm.. I wish there was a TRD supercharger option..
I find the power rather adequate and the trans keeps the rpms low. I have plenty of passing power for city and even highways. Not sure why people keep saying I/it needs a bigger engine. I'm def digging the "ECO" light and 33+ mpg's.

My gripe is the seats. Anyone else dislike the lack of lumbar support? Anyone figure out/know how to add some lumbar support?

I find the power rather adequate and the trans keeps the rpms low. I have plenty of passing power for city and even highways. Not sure why people keep saying I/it needs a bigger engine. I'm def digging the "ECO" light and 33+ mpg's.

My gripe is the seats. Anyone else dislike the lack of lumbar support? Anyone figure out/know how to add some lumbar support?
I say lack of power because the S should have more power then the base models. Kinda like the civics. I guarantee if you go drive a civic si you will know what I'm talking about. I guess if you have a auto or CVT you might not have the lack of power problem of having to downshift to pass.