Paint Protection Film

Has anyone done this to their new Toyota Corolla S 2014 ? If so can you post some pictures and provide some feed backs.

They say it is a very good idea to do so ..

Upper front Hood and Front
Fenders
Bumpers
Mirrors

These are just some of the area's you would install the films

Toyota Dealership does it for a very pricey and it is only the front and part of your front hood.

Any comments/ P

Haven't ever done it, but have considered it on several cars.

It is popular on Corvettes and BMW's and Ferarri's.

Tends to be pricey most anywhere.

Can't really be a bad idea with the water-based paints that the EPA is requiring that chip more easily than previous cars.

Actually nice - as long as they didn't upcharge too much for it.

(And even if they tried to - you could probably get away with "The dealer across town has his car for $700 less but he didn't put the PPF on it, and I'd just as soon not have that ...")

Charisma

Master Detailer!
This is a service I offer, I have not done this on any Toyota. We don't advertise it too much, as it is extremely expensive, but to date we've done 9 cars. Porsche, BMW, Ferarri, Jaguar and 2 Nissans (GTR).

I've usually seen it priced around $700 for the lower portion of the hood and fenders.

It's actually only $395 sticker and $218 invoice from the dealer according to TrueCar.

Yes, it's expensive, but either one is less than repainting a panel from a stone chip (but more than a $5 bottle of touch-up paint).

So far both my Toyotas have it, and like I said in another post the only problem I have is the wax/polish residue it leaves along the line of the strip. Other than that I like it, it provides good protection. If it doesn't already have it I would recommend shopping around for a decent price.

It looks great for first year and after that the clear film slowly turn yellow due to the acid rain, salt, air pollution, UV etc......Hood Deflector is better choice to protect your front end car. Just my .02 cents

How recently did you have it installed.

I think that might be true of the older films and not the newer ones - similar to how window tint used to turn purple after a year or two, but new tint won't do that.

My friend works for paint and detail shop and I asked for his opinion and that is what he told me. I had tough time deciding either to go with Hood Deflector or Paint Protective Film. But if you decide to go with Toyota Film, it is 7 years warranty.

I received a quote from Audio Heaven whom did my tint to my car! Amazing job.

Top of the hood and fenders for $279 _+ bumper and fenders for $799.

They offer Lifetime Warranty and I know they do a damn good job.

I'm looking at the Hood Deflector . Very difficult to find one for my car anywhere else but Toyota Delearship only.

*Parts - $99.00 + tax
*Labour - $68.40 + tax

I prefer to buy just the Hood Deflector and save myself 70 dollars! It looks easy to install

My friend works for paint and detail shop and I asked for his opinion and that is what he told me. I had tough time deciding either to go with Hood Deflector or Paint Protective Film. But if you decide to go with Toyota Film, it is 7 years warranty.

I"ve decided to buy the Hood Deflector but i'll be installing it myself and saving 70 dollars! From the looks it is easy! ..i'll post a picture once done installing