Paint Scratches

I have leased a 2013 Corolla, nautical blue, that scratches worse than any other car I have owned.The dealership refuses to accept any responsibility and offered me a little bottle of a scratch repair.It even has scratches behind the door handles after it goes through a brushless wash.Anybody else having the same or similar problem>:mad:

behind the handle is fairly common. I have noticed behind the handle in my past cars and it is do to fingernails. Believe it or not it is fairly easy to get surface scratches unless there is a $10000 paint job with many many layers of clear coat

The scratches are NOT fingernails.They are caused,I think by dirt pushed by water in the car wash past the door handles making steaks in the paint.I have owned 20 cars and have never seen anything like this.My thought is that the clear coat is not working.

My wife has a black 2010 , had more scratches in 6 months than her previous car had in 6 years.Behind the door handles,trunk and hood (from snow sliding off?) the door rails ,sides are a mess because i suppose a jacket or sweater touched it.The black shows everything of course.This car is carefully washed and waxed as i have been doing for a long time but it looks like it is 10 years old.The dealer admitted that the new ones scratch easy,envoiro friendly clear coat.I expect we will have to paint it or leave it dirty. The finish is a major major disappointment And as with you,redjohn9,this is the worst car for scratches we have every had

Just used a small amount of rubbing compound on a cloth and properly rub defective area. Be careful as the compound is abrasive. After removed the paint scratch, use the improve to carry up the shine.