Passenger seat belt alarm

Hey there everyone,

Is there a way to disable the passenger seatbelt alarm on my 2010 corolla s?

I know there's a few ways people have done this...but none seem to work?

If someone knows how could you post up a step by step process of this? The alarm can be annoying.

Thanks

fishycomics

Super Moderator
Locate the plug / muddle disconnect and pin it. how I hardly hear it to begin with wish they used a better type of audio, especially for the headlight system?

I wear mine always. So it is not annoying, if it is I turn up some tunes30 seconds later I lower due to a commercial.

I have a similar issue. My wife and I both use our seatbeats all the time. But my wife is disabled and has trouble getting in the passenger seat. The alarm is irritating ( as it is meant to be). But I now wait till she is buckled in before I start the car.
I was able to find a procedure to turn off the alarm on our Explorer on you tube. But I wasn't able to find one for the corolla.
If you haven't done this yet, that's where I would start. Good luck.

Sorry if I am beating a dead horse here, but I was able to talk my local dealership here in Morgantown, WV to turn off JUST the passenger seat belt chime.

It used to drive my dog nuts as it would chime as she came along for rides. We don't know her full history, but all high pitched chimes such as this noise or smoke alarms send her into a fit of tremors. All it took was me taking her with me and showing the mechanic how distraught it made her and they disabled it no questions asked. I did have to sign a waiver saying I approved them disabling a safety feature built into the vehicle...assume this is to cover their own butts!

It's worth a try to ask your local dealer...though I know not all will do this due to the safety aspect.

Regards,

OC