Plug N' Play Remote Start

FINALLY! There is a 14+ Corolla remote start that is basically plug n' play. You have to cut the TPMS wire but I can deal with that. After a "professional" installer in the past took 3 days and wayyyy too many t-taps to get my Viper remote start/security system hooked up in my Tacoma I swore the only way I'd ever do remote start again is if it is plug n' play or factory.

I volunteered my Corolla for this video and got a nice discount on the kit for my time. I was prepared to pay full price prior to the discount offer.

https://www.12volt.solutions/

Once started, do you have to restart the car to drive it?
No, you just put the key in the ignition and you're good, no restart required. Also, I have their GPS module on the car due to the Corolla's poor remote range. I could start the car 100 miles away if I wanted.

That depends if you have a key or push to start. I don’t think there’s a takeover for PTS vehicles. Mine definitely doesn’t. It shuts off as soon as the door opens.
For push to start you appear to be correct (I checked their website). You can always message them to see if there is anything in development. I have an H-key.

Jake

I have remote start in my 16 LE and 14 Camry, both Compustar bundle from bestbuy with install for around $300. Had it for over a year on both with no issues.

There is a video with a 2016 Corolla that had a compustar pro t11 installed on it it ranges about 4 to $500 top-of-the-line the remote is indestructible nearly I've had my eye on it for the past year it will remote start however unlike this one that is being shown on the Forum the compustar remote turns off when you're ready to drive meaning once you get in the car you have to restart the engine again which can be annoying however it is a two-way remote with indicators as to doors being opened and has an alarm should someone bump into your car or break into your car

Jake

There is a video with a 2016 Corolla that had a compustar pro t11 installed on it it ranges about 4 to $500 top-of-the-line the remote is indestructible nearly I've had my eye on it for the past year it will remote start however unlike this one that is being shown on the Forum the compustar remote turns off when you're ready to drive meaning once you get in the car you have to restart the engine again which can be annoying however it is a two-way remote with indicators as to doors being opened and has an alarm should someone bump into your car or break into your car
I have the compustar on two of my vehicles with a one way remote and I don’t have to restart the engine. I use the fob to start the car, unlock the car, put the key in the ignition and turn it (engine still running) hit the brake, put car in hear and drive away.

I have the compustar on two of my vehicles with a one way remote and I don’t have to restart the engine. I use the fob to start the car, unlock the car, put the key in the ignition and turn it (engine still running) hit the brake, put car in hear and drive away.
It’s because you have a keyed ignition. The shutoff is only on push button start vehicles.

Good point lol. That’s pretty lame that you have to restart the vehicle every time
Yeah I was kinda pissed because this is the first vehicle I’ve ever owned with a remote start. I thought something was wrong until I did a little research. You’d think the car would recognize the key nearby, it’s 2018. Lol

Jake

Yeah I was kinda pissed because this is the first vehicle I’ve ever owned with a remote start. I thought something was wrong until I did a little research. You’d think the car would recognize the key nearby, it’s 2018. Lol
Ya no kidding. Or that every car would come with remote start already or at least a dealer option.

Before installing remote start, you need to decide what feature you want. Here are some examples: 1. Add keyless entry, 2. OEM key fob remote start, 3. Security sensors. ... I installed remote start to my 2017 RAV4. I selected Compustar FT-DC3. Compustar FT-DC3 supports OEM key fob remote start, security shock sensor (FT-DAS) and T-harness. But DC3 does not support FT-EZGO (keyless entry). My RAV4 is limited. It has keyless entry. If you let someone install it to your vehicle, you need to tell him what feature you need. The remote controller is programmable.