Prepare your car for winter

With the temperature dropping, keep an eye on your tire pressure. Low pressure can be dangerous, as it both negatively affects traction and (after a certain point) increases the chance of damage to the tire. I normally keep mine around 45 and check once every month or twice. All of mine had dropped to around 25.

Check your lights! For those of us in the north, fewer daylight hours means more driving in the dark, and out lights can both get you a ticket, and compromise your safety by reduced visibility.

Check your wipers! Visibility is important, and new wipers do a better job of cleaning your windshield. Top your washer fluid off with something that won't freeze.

Consider helping your car to warm up. The grille opening in the front is designed for a worst case scenario, and most cars will get warm more quickly if you block some of it off during the colder months. Not only will you get warmer in the cabin more quickly, but also it cuts pollution, reduces engine wear, and saves you at the pump. When the weather is below freezing, I only need around 6 square inches of open grille, and when it dips below zero I can block mine off completely and sometimes still don't see it fully get up to temperature with the heater running.

fishycomics

Super Moderator
I filled to 36 psi I lost say 2/bs like that in a day or two lol. so yeah got to keep an eye on pressure. Also I take note coasting seems to now drag, due to the extreme cold, transmission fluid would be warmed up and may take a lot longer to warm up? So I feel in extreme cold winter days how my car acts. Winter is here, it will go soon 90 days more of this Lol and counting ha ha ha

kimyong

I filled to 36 psi I lost say 2/bs like that in a day or two lol. so yeah got to keep an eye on pressure. Also I take note coasting seems to now drag, due to the extreme cold, transmission fluid would be warmed up and may take a lot longer to warm up? So I feel in extreme cold winter days how my car acts. Winter is here, it will go soon 90 days more of this Lol and counting ha ha ha
safe is most important,ha ha.