Question about foul ac vent smell for current 2013 owners

i am seriously thinking about getting a 13 Corolla s but wonder how awful and common the problem with mold growing in the vent system is? I would like people to chime in on the problem and its solutions if any... How long have you owned your corolla and did u experience this? What worked and what didn't?
Thanks a lot
MikeJackson

have 2013 will be 2 years in Aug. no problems with me. I rarely use A/C where I'm at maybe few times in the summer BUT when I do use it I always turn it off and let the fan blow all the moist cold air out of the lines for a few minutes before turning engine off (usually few minutes before I reach my destination). Not sure if it really does anything or not but in my mind it blows out the cool/cold moist air so it does not sit and potentially cause mold.

fishycomics

Super Moderator
your ac cabin filter must be filled and that is why you may have a foul smells?

check drain areas, clogs water settling, well we all know when it rains its impossible to walk in dry to a car.

A good habit of getting into... if attempting to avoid mold spores growing inside the ducting
is to turn off the ac... but leave the blower on for a brief period
allowing the cooler air/moisture to dissipate/dry prior to turning off the car.

The moisture remaining inside the air ducts, when the vehicle is shut down...
can promote mold growth.

Maintain the fresh air cabin filter by replacing that on schedule or even prematurely
also close the fresh air vent... when outside air is not needed.
and especially when driving where dust/debris/odors are vented into the cabin.