Question about oil change

Hello I have 34,000 miles on my 2015 Corolla L, and I am currently saving for tires, I am about 1-2 months out from having the money, also my tires are not bald yet but are getting low so by the time I have the tire money I'll need tires. This has been a rough month because of the hurricane, my last oil change was at 24,000, and due to the hurricane costs, I would rather get my oil change in a few months when I get tires. Am I ok? Toyota said my engine can blow and not to wait lol sounds crazy but wanted to hear their take. Am I ok waiting a few more months? Or just get the oil change now? Thanks

what kinda of oil? Typically speaking you should follow SOP when it comes to oil change intervals. For instance I run Penzoil Platinum Full synthethic 0W-20 and it goes for about 7 to 8k miles. Honestly just research what oil to put in your car, go to walmart and buy some oil and a catch pan and do it yourself. Oil is cheap.

Yeah I'm going thursday since I'm off not worth prolonging thanks
WTF… so, Toyota said your engine will blow up if you don’t do your oil change every 5,000 miles.. you, do know that is just a “Sale” gimmick.. for more money $$$ for the gas & oil industries.

And YOU know… getting SUPER high-end Premium brand oil is not going get your Honda Vtec to kick’n hard, right…

As long as your oil grade is correct and you DO your oil change… you don’t have to do it every 5,000 miles… get your drift tires first… :D:p

Aren't our vehicles designed for 10,000 mile intervals between oil changes? Regardless, with today's car oil quality and filters, assuming you have top tier oil and filter, 10,000 miles or 1 year should be the extent to delay an oil change.

ToyBoy

I have a 2014 and while getting the free 25k service free from the dealer they would not change oil til 10k or darn close to it. That said I did my own oil at 5k , then dealer did at 10k, and I did again at 15k and dealer did their last one at 20k. After dealer stopped doing free changes I continue to do my own at around 5-6k miles .

This is just my 2cents. Check your dip stick and see what color is the oil. If it's really dark then it's a must that you have to change your oil. Everyone drives differently and on different conditions. Some can go 5k and others maybe up to 8k. I'm a autotech not that makes a difference lol.

G-Morning

Changed oil every 5K or 10K miles, DO NOT wait, its cheaper to do an oil then to replaced an engine or a Vehicle of youre choice !
never wait for an Oil chance, do it early and never to late !
Engines like fresh oil, they run smother then w an old oil !

Good Luck and sorry to hear about the hurricane dilemma !