Question about spare from 2020 Corolla

Hello all,
I just registered here, as I ended up here from Google. I don't know that much about cars, but I love my Corolla so figured it was as good a place as any to ask.

I got the exclamation point tire pressure warning the other day. Went to my dealership (because they have way better availability than my private mechanic), they said I had a nail in the tire, and it was so far over it couldn't be repaired. So, they said I'd need a new tire... But the tire was out of stock. (That seems kind of strange, isn't a Corolla a pretty common model? It was a Toyota-specific dealer service center!) They said it should be in Monday. But in the meantime, they put the spare on. I drove back to work, and then to a restaurant supply store for work about 15 miles total, 20 at most. Then I drove home--I live about 25 miles from my work. As I was driving home, the tire light started blinking, then said a malfunction has been detected in the tire pressure system, don't rely on it. I have to get my car back to the city the dealership is in, and I also have work at 8 am Saturday. My question is, will it be okay to drive to my mom's apartment (~20 miles from where I live, and 2 miles from dealership), then borrow her car til the tire comes in, and then drive my car to dealership from her place Monday?
I apologize if this sounds convoluted. I'm just scared something will happen on the drive to mom's tomorrow. I have to take the highway, I mean, I guess I can put the blinkers on and drive slower than normal, but I'm still scared. What do you all think is the likelihood I'll have a problem getting 20ish miles tomorrow, and then another 2 on Monday? Thank you so much in advance. And merry Christmas, if you celebrate it.

ToyBoy

I would use a hand held tire pressure gage and if it showed I was not loosing air I would keep riding until the new tire is installed. If the spare is one of those skinny tires I would try to keep the speed down .

I would use a hand held tire pressure gage and if it showed I was not loosing air I would keep riding until the new tire is installed. If the spare is one of those skinny tires I would try to keep the speed down .
Thank you for answering!! I'll have to get a gauge. Used to have one but I guess I lost it with my old car :p

Each tire has a sensor inside it to monitor the air pressure for that tire. Since one was swapped with a spare, the system has now noticed it only has three of the four. It needs all four working to be complete. If not, it will signal you with an alert. The spare does not have a sensor.

the tire light started blinking, then said a malfunction has been detected in the tire pressure system, don't rely on it
Normal, and nothing to worry about, since it's missing one of its regular wheel/sensor. Mine does that all winter since my winter tires/wheels do not have sensors. Just remember, though, that with the spare wheel the car may behave differently than usual so avoid higher speeds. And if you check pressure, remember that the spare tire need higher pressure than regular ones anyway. By the way, it's also frequent that with so many models/sizes of tires on the market, not every location, dealer or not, has each and everyone of them in stock at all time.