Questions on steps for replacing a clutch in a 2005 Corolla CE

Guys, I'm getting ready to replace my clutch in a 2005 Corolla, but I need to ask you more experienced guys a few questions. Please bear with me, and sorry for the newbie questions

In the Chilton manual, it says that you need to remove the front suspension subframe, along with disconnecting the power steering lines, as well as separate the tie rod ends from the steering knuckles. Is all this really necessary, as it seems a person could get the transmission out without having to do the step. I suppose I'd still have to separate the steering knuckles from the tie rod ends, and possibly the engine mount cross member, but maybe not.

Please give me any input you might have from doing this replacement. I'm starting this project this weekend, but I can take my time on it. I just want to do it correctly, and only once. This isn't my first clutch job, but it is on a Toyota of any sort.

Depends how you plan on removed the transmission from top or bottom.
A few more details would help.
If your removing it from the bottom most that stuff will need to come off.

I haven't done a clutch on your specific type of vehicle but I have dropped varies toyota/Lexus engines and transmissions so I would assume everything you mentioned does need to be done. Subframe out, rack and pinion may be bolted to it which is why you'll need to remove tie rods from steering knuckles and power steering lines may run along the sub frame and won't allow axles to clear. This is just talking from work I've don't I haven't pulled your model corolla transmission so I'm not positive it'll be identical.

Did you complete the job? It is all necessary as you have to pull the axles from the transmission in order to get the transmission out to get to the clutch. It is a tedious job but relatively easy to get off versus putting it all back together and lining up the the input shaft to the flywheel. I highly recommend a transmission lift. I just completed this job in about 5 months ago and lol am looking to do it again as I am planning to part out/bring the car back to stock.

Every job I've done I have completely but just haven't done one on your model Corolla.
You don't have to removed axles to get the clutch out but you may have some trouble separating both transaxle and engine with them still in, I've always had a lift to do these jobs but if your doing it in the driveway I would completely remove the transaxle.