Radio and cold temps

fishycomics

Super Moderator
Hopped in, paid no attention till I looked at the radio down the road, 40 minutes run time later. I may have this happened a few years back, why I said it has not happened before (while grabbing a camera) (and during warmer weather). Like any products we own do not panic, take a deep breath. when safe. Shut off give a few seconds and turn back on.

What can caused it. anything, not sure, cold weather, a fluke, etc... Radio plays fine all works just the screen said to tired tonight. So I am just throwing some fun out there and enjoy. If anyone wants me like the poster to install. I be more then happy to take your $$$$$ and do that otherwise thank you no.

LCDs... Liquid crystal displays... Can suffer from actual freezing. I have seen it many many times. Once the temps come up you should be all good. It is honestly just the fluids used in the display which are both reactive to electrical input and temperature getting too cold and getting stuck.

fishycomics

Super Moderator
Yes so i Suspect like said first time on video not first time happened? So Yes things glitch time to time, happy I was not the Only one? And also like shown simply turn off the car and turn back on. not the radio off and on? (smiles).

fishycomics

Super Moderator
What if it happens more often and longer? Do you keep turning off the car1/
Lol. (not at you) I listen to one station so switching to Aux and radio is no issue. and the clock is not i nthe radio, that is more or less a distraction to look to the bottom of a car. like the 2013 its eye level. Like my smartphone Lol so it can be off for all I care Lol