Radio USB function flakey on 2019 Corolla HB

Since there's no CD player in our 2019 Corolla HB I put a few CD's in mp3 form onto an 8GB thumb drive - one folder for each CD. The car is supposed to recognize the folders... there is a "browse" button which is supposed to list the folders... but often it doesn't work. When I tap the "browse" button often it won't do anything, but now and then it will correctly show the folders. This is random. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.
I've contacted Toyota to confirm I am doing everything correctly. Is this something worth taking the car to the shop for? Or will they laugh at me, heh? I know it is a minor problem, but the fact is it's not working correctly. What would you do?
PS: The songs "do" play. The problem is I very often can't select which one I want to hear, which is a little aggravating.
Thanks

jolly

The fact that it sometimes shows the folders but not always seems to indicate a malfunction. Only possible situation, from my experience with my current system (11th generation, different system from 2019 HB, is that you have to give a couple of minutes upon start for the head unit to make an inventory of the drive before being able to select. That doesn't necessarily apply to newer units.

The fact that it sometimes shows the folders but not always seems to indicate a malfunction. Only possible situation, from my experience with my current system (11th generation, different system from 2019 HB, is that you have to give a couple of minutes upon start for the head unit to make an inventory of the drive before being able to select. That doesn't necessarily apply to newer units.
Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I've given it lots of time to boot, and tried everything I can think of, but it still only works some of the time. I'm pretty sure it's a software problem... I just dunno if the dealer service department would know how to fix it.